Papaya No Sambharo / Kacha Papaya No Sambharo / Warm Raw Papaya Salad is a traditional Gujarati side dish made with Raw Papaya and couple of spices and served along with Fafda Gathiya, Thepla or with Gujarati Main Course.
Sambhara made from either cabbage, carrots, tindora, turiya ni chhal(ridge gourd peel) or raw papaya, are quite popular in Gujarat. The key is to maintain the crunch of the vegetables. This Sambharo should never be cooked beforehand, cook it before serving it.
Gujaratis cannot live without Fafda Gathiya and Jalebi, Thepla, Dhokla, Undhiyu, etc. Gathiya jalebi is a weakness of every Gujarati. Have you seen Jhetalal of Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chasma getting crazy for Jalebi-Fafda? Hahaha…..
There are 2 ways of cooking Kacha Papaya No Sambharo
– Uncooked one – where grated papaya is just mixed with red chili powder, salt, dhaniya jeera powder. Its the simplest version.
– Cooked one – where grated papaya is sauteed with curry leaves, chopped chilies, and few other spices. It is served hot.
Today I am sharing Cooked version. Preparing A Papaya No Sambharo is not time-consuming. It can be stirred up in 5 to 7 minutes (From start to finish). Raw Papaya has many health benefits and it must be included in once diet. It is good to treat UTI.
If you have loved the Thai Som Tam, I am sure you will love this Sambharo.
Papaya No Sambharo
- 1 Washed and cleaned Raw Papaya full packed 2 Cup Grated Papaya)
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Green chilies chopped
- 6 to 7 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Peel raw papaya. Cut it in the half.
- Take out all the seeds and pith. Grate the papaya with a grater.
- Now, add turmeric powder and salt. Mix very well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add green chilies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds.
- Add grated papaya mixture. Stir and cook it on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and sugar. Mix well and cook it one more minute.
- Kacha Papaya No Sambharo is ready. Serve it with Thepla, Gathiya-jalebi, with Dal Bhat or as a side dish. ENjoy!!
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin it For Later –