Murmura Laddu / Mamra Na Laddu / Pori Urundai is a crunchy, crisp, light, delicious and easy laddu recipe. It gets ready in minutes. These laddu are made from puffed rice, also called Murmura or mamra, and jaggery.
We make Murmura laddu during Makar Sankrathi / Uttarayana (Indian Festival). With Makar Sankranthi on 14th January, it is also time to make Til Chikki, Peanut chikki, Dry fruit chikki, a special healthy snack of the season. This goodies are reach in iron and calcium.
Murmura / mamra / Puffed Rice – 3 cups
Jaggery grated – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Video recipe of Murmura Laddu :-
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/lnfnmTJfv-4″]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. In a pan, dry roast Murmura for 2 minutes over low to medium heat. Keep it aside.
2. In another pan, heat ghee. Add jaggery. Keep the flame low. Melt the jaggery over low heat. Stir continuously.
3. When jeggery melts completely and its start bubbling, switch off the flame and immediately add the murmura in melted jeggery. Mix them very gently. Let it cool down for 1 minute (Not more than that. your mixture should be still hot, not very hot, while making laddus).
4. Apply some ghee on your palm. Start making balls by taking handful of mixture and start pressing into ball shape. If you can’t handle hot mixture, take mixture into greased parchment paper, roll them evenly into 1 inch thickness, let it cool for a minute and cut it into square pieces.
5. When Murmura Laddu / Mamra Na Laddu cools down, store them in an Air-tight container and enjoy them up to 3 weeks.
Happy Makar Sankranthi!!! 🙂