Baked Kale Chips – Simple, tasty, healthy, Flavorful and versatile snack that can be made at home very easily! These are very addicting healthy snack recipe. Once you start munching on them, you won’t stop! So let’s learn How To Make Kale Chips In the Oven. 🙂
Making Kale Chips at home is so easy. Even People that generally don’t cook can easily make it.
Crispy Kale Chips are the perfect healthy, after-school snack and easily satisfy any savory cravings. Kale chips are light, crispy and nutritious.
Variation / Varieties | Seasoning kale chips:
Kale Chips can be made plain or tossed and topped with a variety of seasoning. I like little bit spicy kale chips.
Here are a few Variations:
With sesame seeds – Add sesame seeds along with salt and oil before baking.
Sweet flavor – You may use brown sugar with oil before baking.
Cheesy Kale Chips – Add Parmesan Cheese with oil before baking. Use very little.
Chili and lime – Zest one lime and add it into the oil with little bit chili powder before baking.
My favorite way of eating Kale chips is to use as soup and salad toppings.
However, There are a few tips key points to keep in mind while making Kale Chips. | How to Make Kale Chips perfectly?
Remove the stems and tear leaves into medium and equal pieces.
Wash Kale leaves and dries COMPLETELY.
If the leaves aren’t properly dried, the water can steam the chips while baking and the result will be soggy kale chips!
Be sure to DRY THEM COMPLETELY before you message them in oil and seasoning. Salad Spinner works like a charm here. But this time I have dried them with Kitchen towel.
Don’t Skip oil massage.
Oil massage is necessary while making baked kale chips. But don’t drench it in oil. A little bit of oil like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil goes a long way. Oil helps the spices stick to the leaves. Be sure to coat kale leaves well.
Make sure to spread Kale leaves into a single layer on the baking sheet.
Don’t dump all kale leaves into a very thick layer. Otherwise, you will get soggy and unevenly baked kale chips. Spreading Kale leaves in a single layer tends to evenly baked kale chips.
Baking them at the perfect temperature.
Nobody likes burnt kale chips. Right!? As for making sure the kale chips don’t burn, I prefer to cook them at a lower temperature, 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
I have tried Homemade Kale Chips with different Oven temperatures, but making kale chips @300 degree F for 8 to 10 minutes works fine for me. But it may take little longer in your oven. Cooking time may vary from oven to oven.
The key is to keeping an eye on them and rotating the pan halfway through. Check them in 8 minutes and then after every 2 minutes until they are done.
The cooking time also varies if you are using different Kale. I use Curly Kale. I feel it holds spices well because of its shape.
How long do kale chips stay crispy?
Do Give this healthy snack recipe a try. You will love it.
How To Make Kale Chips
- 1 big bunch - Curly Kale You may use any
- 1 tablespoon - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon - Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon - Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon - Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash Kale very well and Dry them COMPLETELY with paper or kitchen towel. If the Kale leaves are not dry, they will steam instead of becoming crisp.
- Remove the Thick stalks and ribs from Kale Leaves and tear leaves into equal pieces. You can use stalks in making soup or Vegetable Broth.
- Take all the ingredients except Kale in a bowl. Mix them very well.
- Toss the leaves well in prepared oil and spice mixture.
- Take 2 big baking sheets.
- Arrange seasoned kale leaves in one layer.
- Bake them @300 degree F. for about 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Check them in 8 minutes and then after every 2 minutes until they are done. If the chips are not done in 12 minutes, Turn off the oven and keep the chips inside the oven for few more minutes. This trick works every time. (Stay Close to watch for the Kale becoming overcooked/browned).
- Remove from oven and Let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Baked Crispy Kale Chips are ready. Enjoy!
Pin It For Later –