Instant Pot Chia Strawberry Jam Recipe Without Pectin is a quick and an easy Jam recipe and so delicious especially when you spread it on a slice of bread.
Ahhh….. Strawberry season, the best time of the year. We do make so many strawberry recipes during this season like Strawberry salsa, Strawberry cobbler, lemonade, strawberry dressing, Strawberry Jam etc.
Today I am sharing Strawberry Jam recipe with Chia seeds. It’s hard to believe this Homemade Strawberry Jam Contains only 4 ingredients. This recipe is not old-fashioned jam recipe. But it tastes as good as the old-fashioned one. It’s so easy to make with a perfect texture. Plus t doesn’t use Pectin!
Can you make Jam Without Pectin?
Yes, As Strawberries are naturally rich in pectin, there’s no need for additional store-bought pectin
Why Do you put Lemon Juice in Strawberry Jam?
Lemon Juice is also naturally rich in pectin and It helps the Jam set.
What To Expect From this Instant Pot Chia Strawberry Jam Recipe?
You won’t get solid, marmalade-like jam with this recipe. Why? I have used very less sugar to make this jam and secondly, I haven’t cooked it for a long time. It’s an Instant Strawberry Jam Recipe which you can enjoy up to a month when stored it in a refrigerator. This recipe produces thick, yet slightly runny, soft jam that you can easily smear on your toasts, biscuits, pancakes or crepes. For reference, see the video or photo.
Plus I have used Chia Seeds as a thickening agent and to make it more nutritious.
Homemade Strawberry Jam in Instant Pot is perfect for spreading on biscuits, toast or on muffins. I love it with pancakes, waffles and ice creams.
My son loved this Homemade Jam. He said this is the best Jam I have ever tasted. 🙂
Now go make this easiest, yummiest, healthiest jam of your entire life!
Instant Pot Chia Strawberry Jam Recipe Without Pectin
- 2 lb / 1 kg Fresh Strawberry Chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tsbp Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoon Chia seeds
- Take strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Mix and let it sit for 30 minutes. This gives the strawberry a chance to release their juices and mingle with the sugar.
- Now add sugar and lemon juice.
- close the lid, Press the manual button. Set the time for 6 minutes under high pressure with pressure valve set to sealing.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- When the pressure is fully released, the float valve will drop and the lid will unlock to open. Now it is safe to open the lid.
- Open it and add Chia Seeds. Give it a quick stir and mash it with the back of the spoon or spatula.
- Let it rest for 4 to 5 hours.
- Instant Pot Chia Strawberry Jam without Pectin is ready. Store it into an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a month or in the freezer for up to a year. Thaw Freezer Strawberry jam and stir before serving.
Pin It For Later –