Hot pepper cauliflower is covered in Asian flavors. Serve this simple and flavorful Hot Pepper Cauliflower veggie dish with brown rice or white rice for a tasty weeknight dinner. This is fried version. But you may bake the cauliflower too. You can add all kinds of veggies into this recipe like snow peas, broccoli and also mushrooms. This dish is simple, unforgettable, and bound to please hot-sauce addicts. These are incredibly easy to make. Your entire house will smell like amazing.
All purpose flour / maida – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup + 2 tbsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
Low sodium Soy sauce – 1/3 cup
Rice vinegar – 3 tbsp (Or regular vinegar 2 tbsp)
Sriracha sauce – 2 tbsp (Or any chili sauce)
Corn starch – 1 tbsp
Cauliflower florets – 3 cups
Chopped Red, green and orange bell peppers / capsicum – 1 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
Sesame seeds and onion greens for garnishing
1. In a bowl, whisk together all the batter ingredients.
2. Add the chopped cauliflower and toss to coat.
3. Deep fry them until golden brown. Remove the and drain the excess oil. Keep them aside.
4. In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp corn starch with 1 tbsp water and make a slurry. Keep it aside.
5. Heat the 1 tbsp oil a another pan. Add garlic and saute it for few seconds. Add chopped bell peppers. Saute it for 2 minutes over medium to high heat.
6. Add Soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, vinegar and sugar. Stir well. Bring it to a boil. Add cornstarch slurry. Mix it well. Check the seasoning specially salt. I have not added salt because all the sauces has good amount of salt.
7. Add fried cauliflower and toss to coat in sauce.
8. Hot Pepper Cauliflower is ready. Garnish them with sesame seeds and green onions and serve it with Brown rice (My favorite) or white rice.