This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
Sweet And Spicy Crispy Tofu – Fast, satisfying, Simple, Scrumptious Vegan Tofu Stir Fry Recipe with tons of Sweet and spicy flavors. It is loaded with protein and comes together in just 15 minutes which is perfect for busy Holiday Meals.
Thanksgiving is over, and now its time to kick start the holidays! This time is the busiest time of the year. It’s very hectic around these days. There is a lot of fun and excitement with the whole family together, going out for shopping and lots of debate over the choice of lights and that decoration stuff. 🙂 I always look for the Quick, healthier yet delicious recipes.
A recipe like this, Sweet and Spicy Tofu, is perfect for those busy holidays. It comes together in 15 minutes.
The hero product of this recipe is TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce. Whether used as an ingredient or as a condiment, TABASCO® Sauce is the one sauce that can be found anywhere in the world, adding flavor to virtually any type of cuisine. This year marks TABASCO® Brand’s 150th anniversary.
I make various Tofu recipes. Some of my favorites are Orange Tofu Broccoli, Sweet and Spicy Crispy Tofu, Sweet and Sour Tofu and Tofu Tikka Masala.
Lately, These Simple Tofu recipes have been my obsession. For this recipe, you don’t need to deep-fry or Marinade tofu.
This tofu recipe is spicy, sweet, zingy and light but satisfying. This vegan recipe is ideal for lunch or dinner. It is very simple and super easy to make!
This Tofu recipe is those kinds of simple and comfort recipes that you make when you crave for Asian takeouts but you still want to eat home cooked.
How to make Sweet And Spicy Crispy Tofu? Ingredients of sweet and spicy tofu.
First, Press as much liquid (Water) out from tofu as possible before using it.
Take out tofu from the package, wash it, wrap it in a few layers of paper towels and then add weight like cast iron pan on top for 30 minutes. Then take some oil in cast iron pan and pan fry the tofu until golden brown from all the sides.
The next step is to make a sauce. This tofu sauce is simple to make.
I have used TABASCO® Original Red Sauce as an ingredient to embolden the flavor of this recipe. We love TABASCO® Sauce. TABASCO® Sauce is the best ingredient to have in your kitchen! Every bottle of TABASCO® Brand hot pepper sauce comes out of Avery Island, Louisiana.
It can be used as an ingredient to enhance flavors without overpowering dishes or as a condiment to allow each person to personalize their food.
Whether you are preparing holiday meals, making game day snacks, or hosting any kind of gathering, TABASCO® Sauce is the indispensable ingredient and tabletop condiment.
It comes in a variety of flavors and has something for everyone!
Red Sauce: TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce is made with just three ingredients: aged red peppers, salt, and distilled vinegar. It’s simple ingredients and simple processing make it the most versatile hot sauce that can be used in just about any food or drink. It is Non-GMO, Gluten-free and has zero calories.
Green Sauce: Green Sauce is made with Jalapeño peppers, for flavor that’s not too wild and not too mild. It is the TABASCO® Sauce flavor with the lowest Scoville Heat Units. It is most often used as a condiment for Mexican cuisine.
Chipotle Pepper Sauce: Made with smoke-dried jalapeno peppers, this sauce brings a rich balance of smoke and heat. This pairs especially well with any kind of protein dish. It can be used in marinades and as a condiment. This can also be combined with pineapple for a sweet-savory dish.
I highly recommend adding these sauces to your Holiday menu and table. They will make a unique and welcome addition.
I was Able to find My TABASCO® Sauce in my local Walmart in ketchup and sauce aisle.
Right now, there is one $1 off offer for TABASCO® Bottles 5 oz. and Larger that you can get it Here.
On top of the TABASCO® Original Red Sauce, I have used brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, and water. Whisk all together.
Take Oil in a pan, add grated garlic, pan-fried tofu, and Sauce. Sprinkle some salt, stir, cook it for 2 minutes over a high flame, stirring continuously.
And Sweet And Spicy Crispy Tofu is ready. 🙂 Garnish it with some spring onions and Sesame Seeds.
This can be served with noodles or white rice. You may throw some vegetables in there to make it more nutritious and delicious.
Tips for Cooking crispy Tofu for stir-fry. How do you make tofu crispy?
- Firm and extra firm what you want for sautéing and pan- frying. It has good spongy texture and is great for absorbing flavors and sauce. Avoid silken or soft tofu for stir-fry. Those are good for pureeing into sauces, making desserts and dips.
- Press as much liquid (Water) out from tofu as possible before using it. Take out tofu from the package, wash it, wrap it in a few layers of paper towels and then add weight like cast iron pan on top for 30 minutes.
- Always Cook Tofu in a cast iron pan to make it well crispy.
Sweet And Spicy Crispy Tofu
- 450 grams - Firm Tofu
- 2 tbsp - TABASCO® Original Red Sauce Adjust according to your spice level
- 2 tbsp - Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp - Dark Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp - Brown sugar
- 1 tsp - grated garlic
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup - water
- 4 tbsp - Oil
- Spring onion and sesame seeds for garnishing
- Take out tofu from the package, wash it, wrap it in a few layers of paper towels and then add weight like cast iron pan on top for 30 minutes. Cut it into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a cast iron pan. Add cut tofu. Pan fry it until golden brown in color from all the sides, over medium to high heat.
- Take a bowl, mix together TABASCO® Original Red Sauce, Cornstarch, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, and water. Keep it aside.
- Now heat 1 tbsp oil, add grated garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add pan-fried tofu salt and sauce.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes over medium to high heat.
- Sweet And Spicy Crispy Tofu is ready. Garnish it with spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve it Hot with Rice or Noodles. Enjoy!!
Pin It For Later –