Homemade Thai Red Curry Paste is easy to make and better than store-bought. This red Thai curry paste creates tastier curries, Thai soups and they are much healthier too. Vegan Thai Red curry paste is so versatile. You can make soups, pasta, noodles or can eat with Indian fritters, Idli Spread it on Dosa or Chillas.
This recipe is very simple and required few ingredients. Traditionally, Thai curry paste calls shrimp paste, but I have made this Vegan/vegetarian.
Traditionally Thai dried chilies are used, but I have used Medium spicy Mexican Dried Red Chilies. Feel free to use any Dried red chilies. This curry paste is loaded with Lemon Grass, Galangal, Garlic, Small onions/shallots, Lime Zest and some spices. If you couldn’t find Galangal, you may use ginger. Do not get disappointed if you are unable to find authentic ingredients.
Traditionally, Kafir Lime leaves and rinds are used to make this curry pest. But I couldn’t find it, so I have used Lime zest.
After I made this curry paste, I used it to make Vegan Thai Curry Noodle Soup which was a hit in my home.
If you are not using this right away, pour the paste into the ice cube, Just like I did for my Bombay sandwich chutney, Mint and coriander chutney and Ginger-chili paste, freeze and store the curry paste cubes in the airtight container or Ziploc bags for easy use. Simply remove a few cubes from the freezer to thaw and you have fresh, homemade Thai Red Curry Paste ready to use in any dish.
I hope you all like this Homemade Thai Red Curry paste recipe as much as I do. Its –
Super easy to make
Homemade Thai Red Curry Paste
- 125 grams / 4 oz Dried red chilies (I have used Medium spicy Mexican Chilies)
- Warm water
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 8 - 10 Black Pepper Corn
- 1 tbsp Galangal
- 2 stalks chopped Lemon grass (Only bottom purple part)
- 7-8 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Onion (shallots) chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro stems chopped
- 2 tsp Lime Zest
- Salt to taste
- Soak Dried red chili in warm water for 15 minutes. Keep It aside.
- First, crush the coriander seeds and black peppercorn in a mortar and pestle.
- Then add all the ingredients one by one including chili and smashed it up. Add salt and mix well.
- And Homemade Thai Red Curry Paste is ready.
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
Pin It For Later –