Homemade Spinach Tortilla / Spinach tortilla is a delicious and healthy twist on the regular Tortilla recipe. Making homemade tortillas is so much easier than I thought and tastes better than store-bought. It’s Vegan.
My family is a spinach lover. I know I’ve told you guys this million times. 🙂 We eat spinach at least 4 to 5 times a week. Our favorite spinach recipes are
Ricotta And Spinach Cannelloni,
Spinach and Cheese Manicotti,
Palak Masoor Dal,
Dahiwale Palak Paneer,
Palak Paneer Paratha,
Paneer Nest In Makhani Gravy,
and many more
So with Spinach, this time I made Spinach Tortilla. The tortilla is very similar to Our Indian Roti/chapatti. Spinach Tortillas are a variation of corn tortilla and plain flour tortilla which is widely used in Mexican Cuisine. Tortillas are used for making many Mexican dishes like Quesadilla, Enchilada, Taco pizza, Flautas, Mexican Lasagna and many more.
This Spinach Tortillas are also perfect for making Spinach Tortilla Wrap and Spinach Tortilla Pinwheels. I have shared pinwheels recipe. In Pinwheels recipe, I used regular Tortilla. Use this Healthy Spinach tortilla to make Spinach Tortilla Pin Wheels.
You could easily make your favorite Mexican dish or wraps if your tortillas are ready. I always keep tortillas ready in advance so I can make many recipes in no time.
Homemade Spinach Tortilla is a healthy version of regular Flour Tortilla. This time, I have made it with All purpose flour and Whole wheat flour, but you may use only whole wheat flour or only All Purpose flour.
You can make this spinach tortilla in advance. Once they have cooled down, wrap them properly in aluminum foil and then place the entire stack in a ziplock. When you are ready to eat, take the tortillas out and warm them in a skillet.
This Homemade Spinach Tortilla stays fresh up to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator and up to 4 months in a freezer.
Homemade Spinach Tortilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour / Aata
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup Spinach Puree (See note No.1)
- Take All Purpose flour, Whole wheat flour, Salt, Baking powder and oil in a big Bowl. Mix well.
- Add Spinach Puree(See notes). Mix and Knead into a soft Dough.
- Cover it with Damp Cloth and Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, Take a dough and divide it into 14 equal balls.
- Take one ball(keep raiming balls covered), Dust it with flour and roll each part to make an 8 to 10-inch disc. You can use Tortilla maker too.
- Heat a griddle/Tawa.
- Cook from both the sides until brown spots appear.
- Take it out and wrap it in a kitchen towel. Do the same process with remaining balls.
- Homemade Spinach Tortillas are ready.
- I have used 4 cups of spinach and added a 1/4 cup of water to make spinach puree.
- You may use only Whole wheat flour or only all-purpose flour to make this Spinach Tortillas.
- Once they have cooled down, wrap them properly in aluminum foil and then place the entire stack in a ziplock. When you are ready to use, take the tortillas out and warm them in a skillet.
- This Homemade Spinach Tortilla stays fresh up to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator and up to 4 months in the freezer.
- The dough should be Soft. Adjust spinach puree quantity accordingly.
- Roll Tortillas not too thin, not too thick.
Pin It For Later –