Video Recipe of Beetroot and Spinach Pulao :
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/Tt4nszjSYvQ”]
Beetroot and Spinach Pulao / Beetroot and Spinach Pilaf is easy one pot meal which can be made in jiffy. This pulao makes excellent lunch box recipe or even perfect comfort meal for weekend. Beetroot and Spinach Pulao is slightly sweet, spicy and flavorful with all the freshly crushed masalas. We have used coconut milk for extra flavors.
My family love beetroots. I often make this Beetroot and Spinach Pulao and Beetroot sabzi. Generous amount of Beetroot and spinach flavored with coconut milk is tastes so good that you have to try it yourself to see it. This is very nutritious.
Do give this Beetroot and Spinach Pulao a try and I am sure you will fall in love with this bright colored and flavorful rice dish.
Serve this Beetroot and Spinach Pulao with Raita, pickle and Papad. Yum!!
For Pulao Masala
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 2
Dry red chili – 1
Beetroot chopped – 1 1/2 cups
Spinach chopped – 2 cups
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Ginger and garlic – 1 tbsp
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
water – 1 cup
1. Dry roast all the Pulao masala ingredients on medium to low flame for 2 minutes. Keep it aside and let it completely cool down.
2. Grind them to smooth powder (Not very smooth). Keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and ginger. Saute it for few seconds.
4. Add chopped onion. Saute it for 3 to 4 minutes or onion turns slightly brown.
5. Add beetroot and spinach. Mix well and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add crushed Pulao masala and cook for few seconds.
7. Add red chili powder, salt and coconut milk. Stir very well.
8. Add Soaked basmati rice and water. Stir well.
9. Cover the pressure cooker and take 2 whistles. Let the pressure cooker release completely before opening the lid. Gently Fluff the rice.
10. Beetroot and Spinach Pulao is ready. Garnish it with cilantro and serve it with your favorite raita and pickle.