Cheesy Shredded Potato Patties are one of the easiest version for snacks. These are crispy on the outside and fluffy and creamy on the inside. By removing excess moisture and cooking them on a medium to low flame , you will get extra crunchy and golden patty. This is ready in no time. You can also make this for fasting like Navaratra Vrat, ekadashi, Janmashami. Instead of corn flour, add arrowroot flour if you are making it for vrat.
Peeled Potatoes – 500 grams
Salt to taste
Chopped Parsley or Coriander/cilantro – 2 tbsp
corn flour / corn starch – 3 tbsp (Add Arrowroot flour if you are fasting)
Cheese cubes or shredded cheese
Italian seasoning – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Take a cold water in a big bowl. Shred the potatoes into the cold water. Let Potatoes rest for 15 minutes into the cold water. After 15 min. squeeze out all the water and put shredded potatoes in another bowl.
2. Add salt, pepper, corn flour, Italian Seasoning and parsley. Mix them very well. Keep it aside.
3. Heat nonstick tava over a medium to low heat.
4. Place spoonful of mixture onto the hot tava. Spread them round like a patty. Apply some oil over the edges.
5. Place a cheese cube into the center of patty. Cover it with another spoon full of shredded potato mixture. Flip the patty when it is golden brown in color from the bottom. Again apply some oil over the edges.
6. Let them cook from both sides until golden brown in color over medium to low heat. This will take time to cook around 10 minutes or so.
7. Cheesy Shredded Potato Patties are ready. Serve them hot with ketchup. Enjoy. 🙂