Bhinda Ni Kadhi / Bhindi Kadhi recipe is one of my childhood favorite dishes that my mom makes it very often. Bhinda Ni Kadhi is a Gujarati traditional recipe. First Okra / Bhindi is sautéed till they are cooked and then simmered in spicy and yogurt based gravy.
This Bhindi recipe is easy and simple. If you are fed up of having regular kadhi then try this variation and I am quite certain you’ll love it. Serve it with Rice, Roti, Bhakhari, Phulka or Bajri Rotla.
Some of our Favorite Bhindi recipes from the blog –
Bhinda Ni Kadhi
- 450 grams Chopped Okra / Bhindi
- 1 ½ cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 500 ml Water
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon Besan / Chickpea flour
- 3+1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Red whole chilies
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Hing
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon Cumin and coriander powder
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add hing and Chopped Okra / bhindi.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Stir well. Cover it and let it cook until okra is tender. Take it out in a plate and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take curd, chili powder, cumin and coriander powder, Garam masala salt (Be careful, we have already added salt in bhindi, use accordingly) and Besan. Mix very well. Prepare lump free batter.
- In the same pan in which we have cooked bhindi, heat oil. (I would suggest using the same pan for making Kadhi which is used to saute Bhindi earlier as there are multiple benefits. While making Kadhi, it will use every bit of masala from the pan used to saute Bhindi and the same time you will be surprised looking at pan by the time you are done as the surface of the Pan will be cleaned from Bhindi masala stick to it earlier). Add cumin seeds and dried red chilies.
- Now add prepared yogurt mixture and water. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Add cooked okra / Bhindi. Stir well and cook it for another 5 minutes. Adjust the consistency by adding water according to your desire.
- Bhinda Ni Kadhi / Bhindi Kadhi is ready. Enjoy this with Roti, rice or paratha.