Bhinda Ni Kadhi / Bhindi Kadhi recipe is one of my childhood favorite dishes that my mom makes it very often. Bhinda Ni Kadhi is a Gujarati traditional recipe. First Okra / Bhindi is sautéed till they are cooked and then simmered in spicy and yogurt based gravy. This is an easy and simple recipe. If you are fed up of having regular kadhi then try this variation and I am quite certain you’ll love it. Serve it with Rice, Roti, Bhakhari, Phulka or Bajri Rotla.
Serves 4 people
Chopped Okra / Bhindi – 450grams
Yogurt / Dahi – 1 1/2 cup
Water – 500 ml
Salt to taste
Besan / Chickpea flour – 3 tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Red whole chilies – 2
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tbsp
Hing – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Cumin and coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Video recipe of making Bhinda Ni Kadhi / Bhindi Kadhi :
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/xxudkZJf-eU”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add hing and Chopped Okra / bhindi.
2. Add salt and turmeric powder. Stir well. Cover it and let it cook until okra is tender. Take it out in a plate and keep it aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, take curd, chili powder, cumin and coriander powder, Garam masala salt (Be careful, we have already added salt in bhindi, use accordingly) and Besan. Mix very well. Prepare lump free batter.
4. In a same pan in which we have cooked bhindi, heat oil. (I would suggest to use the same pan for making Kadhi which is used to saute Bhindi earlier as there are multiple benefits. While making Kadhi, it will use every bit of masala from pan used to saute Bhindi and the same time you will be surprised looking at pan by the time you are done as the surface of the Pan will be cleaned from Bhindi masala stick to it earlier). Add cumin seeds and dried red chilies.
5. Now add prepared yogurt mixture and water. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Add cooked okra / Bhindi. Stir well and cook it for another 5 minutes. Adjust the consistency by adding water according to your desire.
6. Bhinda Ni Kadhi / Bhindi Kadhi is ready. Enjoy this with Roti, rice or paratha.