During my recent visit to India, My aunty made this Ajwaini Tomato Bhindi. I loved it so so much. I Learnt to make Ajwaini Tomato Bhindi from my aunty and thought of sharing this recipe with you all :). Ajwaini Tomato Bhindi is a delicious preparation. This sabzi is cooked in Tomato gravy with twist of ajwain flavor.
Ajwain as a spice is known to aid in digestion and thus it is many Indian dishes. It releases a unique taste. It is used with precaution because of its overpower flavor.
It hardly took me 15 minutes to make these sabzi. Serve this Ajwaini Tomato Bhindi with Paratha, Jeera rice and Raita for a weekday lunch.
Try my another Bhindi recipe
Chopped bhindi in big pieces – 400 gms
Ajwain (Carrom seeds) – 2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander and cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Cashew – 10 to 12
Salt to taste
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Pinch of Hing
Oil – 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Video Recipe of Ajwaini Tomato Bhindi
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/I8A1Rmsl4-Q”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Chopped bhindi. Saute them over medium heat. Cover the lid and let it cook until done. Keep stirring in between.
2. Once it is done, take it out in a plate.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in same pan for the gravy. Add Ajwain and hing.
4. After a minute, add tomato puree. Saute it for 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add Cashew paste, turmeric, chili powder, salt, coriander and cumin powder, garam masala and sugar. Cook it for 2 more minutes. Add Cooked bhindi.
6. Let it cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
7. Serve it with Roti, paratha or with rice. Enjoy!!!