Thepla is a Gujarati delicacy. I like to make different kinds of theple like Methi Thepla, Dudhi Thepla, Paneer and Cabbage thepla, Mix Vegetable Thepla…. Today I am sharing recipe of Zucchini Theple with you all. Zucchini is a summer vegetable. Zucchini Thepla is a must try lightly spiced paratha like Indian Flat-bread. It is prepared from whole wheat flour, shredded zucchini and other spices. With the amount of water content in the zucchini, thepla turned out soft and very delicious. You can use Dudhi/bottle gourd/ Lauki also instead off zucchini.
Shredded zucchini – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin and coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Ginger-garlic and chili paste – 1 tbsp (Optional)
Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
Finely chopped Cilantro/coriander – 1 tbsp
Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup (May need more, depends on the amount of moisture in the zucchini)
Water if needed
1. Mix all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Mix them well and knead soft dough. Add water only if it requires. I made this dough into my Kitchen Aid Dough maker. You need not let rest the dough otherwise it will get more soft. And you will not be able to roll it properly.
2. Divide them into 10 to 12 equal parts.
3. Make a ball. Roll it using dry flour into 7 inch disc.
4. Place the rolled thepla on hot tawa/griddle over medium heat.
5. After 2 minutes flip the thepla to cook on other side. Use 1 tsp of oil and apply evenly.
6. Flip it and apply oil again. Cook on both the sides until you get your desired color.
7. Zucchini Thepla is ready. Serve Zucchini Thepla with Yogurt, tea, red chili chutney or with pickles.