This classic Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is truly heavenly. This rice preparation is little bit spicy, tangy and sweet. Make it as the main course or as a side dish to any meal over the weekend. Thai Pineapple Fried rice is always a favorite.
There are quite a few different ways of making Thai Pineapple Fried Rice. This is vegetarian version. This dish is kids friendly and makes a good option for lunch box.
This recipe works best with leftover rice. For this recipe I used canned pineapple. But you can use fresh as well. Just add some sugar if you are using fresh one.
Cooked rice – 3 cups (Preferably cold or leftover)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Finely chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped vegetables – 2 1/2 cups (Used carrots, mushroom, red and green bell pepper – Use your choice of veggie).
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Sriracha sauce or any red chili sauce – 4 tbsp (According to your spice level)
Salt to taste (Careful while adding salt. Soy sauce and red chili sauce contains salt)
Chopped pineapple – 1 cup (Used canned chopped pineapple)
Pineapple juice – 1/4 cup (Used left over canned pineapple syrup)
Cashew nuts and chopped spring onion for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add Ginger, garlic and onion. Saute it for 1 to 2 minutes over high flame.
2. Add all the vegetables and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes over high flame. Stir occasionally.
3. Add salt, soy sauce, sriracha or red chili sauce and pineapple. Mix well. Add rice and stir well. Add pineapple juice.
4. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Switch off the flame. Take this out into serving bowl and garnish it with Cashew and spring onion.
6. Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is ready. Serve it Hot.