Classic and Exotic with tropical flavors – Thai Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe – Lovely blend of sweet-savory flavors and its Truly Heavenly.
This Vegan Pineapple Fried rice preparation is a little bit spicy, tangy and sweet. Make it as the main course or as a side dish to any meal over the weekend. Thai Pineapple Fried rice is always a favorite.
There are quite a few different ways of making Thai Pineapple Fried Rice. This is a vegetarian/Vegan version.
This dish is kids friendly and makes a good option for a lunch box.
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is one of my favorite recipes for busy nights/days! It’s so easy to make, both on the stove top and in instant pot. It is good for you, delicious and so colorful.
This best Thai pineapple fried rice recipe is
- Ready in 15 minutes
- A whole meal just by itself
- perfect for busy weeknight dinners
- Perfect for feeding a hungry crowd
- Great for hot summer days
Ingredients needed for Thai pineapple fried rice recipe.
There are very few ingredients needed to make this exotic rice preparation.
I prefer to use short grain rice. Jasmine rice is the authentic rice for Pineapple fried rice, but today I have used Sona masoori rice to make this recipe. It works fine.
Traditionally, left-over rice used to make this dish mainly because It doesn’t break while stir-fried. You can also use freshly made rice, but first, allow it to cool completely.
For Instant Pot, just dump rinsed rice with all the ingredients.
I have used gluten-free soy sauce for this recipe.
Hot sauce gives a punch to this dish. Use any hot sauce of your choice. My favorite is Sriracha sauce.
Pineapple Juice and Diced pineapple.
I have used fresh pineapple for juice and pieces. But you use canned pineapple juice and pieces too. If Fresh pineapple is not sweet enough, add some sugar.
If you are using fresh pineapple, you want to use one that is golden on the outside. That means it’s ripe and sweet enough to use in this rice dish.
Use any vegetables of your choice. Today, I have used carrot, french beans, colorful bell peppers, and onions.
I have used Cashew pieces and chopped spring onion greens and whites to garnish vegetarian pineapple fried rice.
How to make Thai Pineapple fried rice With leftover Rice on Stove-top?
Heat oil in a pan. Add Ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute it for 1 to 2 minutes over a high flame.
Add all the vegetables and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes over a high flame. Stir occasionally.
Add salt, soy sauce, sriracha or any red chili sauce and pineapple. Mix well. Add rice and stir well. Add pineapple juice.
Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Switch off the flame. Take this out into a serving bowl and garnish it with Cashew and spring onion.
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is ready. Serve it Hot.
How to make Pineapple Fried Rice in Instant Pot/pressure cooker?
Making Pineapple Fried Rice in an Instant Pot is so easy to make. It’s like to dump all the ingredients, cook for 5 minutes under high pressure with NPR and its ready.
Here is the step by step process of making Pineapple Fried rice recipe in instant pot.
First, wash the rice well and drain all the water.
Heat oil in instant pot. Add ginger, garlic, and onions. Saute for a few seconds.
Now add all the vegetables (Carrots, bell pepper, and green beans), pineapple juice, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and diced pineapple. Mix well.
Add rinsed rice and water.
Cover IP with locking lid, vent on sealing position and press the manual/pressure button on 5 minutes under high pressure.
Once cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally.
Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
Instant Pot Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is ready. Garnish it with spring onion and cashew nuts.
Do give this vegan rice dish a try, you’ll love it. 🙂
Don’t Forget to check out some of my favorite Thai Recipes like,
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
For stove top
- 3 cups - Cooked rice Preferably cold or leftover
- 2 tablespoon - Oil
- 1 teaspoon - Grated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon - Grated ginger
- ½ cup - finely chopped onion
- 2 ½ cups - Chopped vegetables Used carrots, green beans, colorful bell pepper - Use your choice of veggie.
- 1 tablespoon - Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon - Sriracha sauce or any red chili sauce - According to your spice level
- Salt to taste Careful while adding salt. Soy sauce and red chili sauce contains salt
- 1 cup - Chopped pineapple
- ¼ cup - Pineapple juice
- Cashew nuts and chopped spring onion for garnishing
For Instant Pot
- 1 cup - Rice Rinsed
- 1 cup - Water
- Rest of the ingredients will be the same as stove top version.
For Stove Top
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute it for 1 to 2 minutes over a high flame.
- Add all the vegetables and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes over a high flame. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt, soy sauce, sriracha or red chili sauce and pineapple. Mix well. Add rice and stir well. Add pineapple juice.
- Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Take this out into a serving bowl and garnish it with Cashew and spring onion.
- Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is ready. Serve it Hot.
For Instant Pot
- Heat oil in instant pot.
- Add ginger, garlic, and onions. Saute for a few seconds.
- Now add all the vegetables (Carrots, bell pepper, and green beans), pineapple juice, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, and diced pineapple. Mix well.
- Add rinsed rice and water.
- Cover Instant pot with locking lid, vent on sealing position.
- Press the manual/pressure button set it on 6 minutes under high pressure.
- Once cooking time is done, let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Instant Pot Thai Pineapple Fried Rice is ready. Garnish it with spring onion and cashew nuts.