Homemade Fresh Summer Rolls with Peri Peri Sauce (An African Sauce) are healthy and make a wonderful light dinner, lunch or appetizer. These light and healthy Vietnamese-influenced summer rolls are filled with shallow fried Tofu, rice noodles, mango and vegetables. Summer Rolls are also known as fresh spring rolls.
Summer rolls are surprisingly easy to make at home. You just need a little practice and little patience to roll them. And best thing about this roll is you can customize the filling according to your preference.
Before you make your summer roll, set up a work station. Get everything ready. Here is what I always Put in my summer rolls : Julienned carrots, red and green bell peppers, lettuce, spinach, Mango and fried tofu and yes rice noodles. Everything is wrapped up in rice Wrappers. You can find rice paper at major grocery stores. I usually get them from Sprouts. But I have seen them in Wal-Mart, Fry’s, Safeway as well.
Before rolling, the wrapper must be hydrated in room temperature water for not more than a minute. Usually back of the Package will give instructions how to use them. Be careful while rolling, Wrappers are extremely delicate.
These are really great for Parties.
Rice pepper Wrappers – 5
Carrot – peeled and Julienned – 1 medium
Red bell pepper, julienned – 1/4
Green bell pepper, julienned – 1/4
Boiled, according to package instruction, rice noodles – 1 cup
Chopped lettuce – 2 cup
Spinach – 1 cup
Extra firm tofu – 1 cup (Chopped and sauted)
Sliced ripe mango – 1/2 cup
Any dipping sauce for serving
Video recipe of Summer Rolls
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/y5KJ-2HAp8w”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Take water into a large bowl. Dip the rice wrapper into the water for 20 to 25 seconds or whatever the package suggests. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a work surface.
2. Place a lettuce, bell peppers, spinach, carrots, mango, tofu and rice noodles (Just like shown in video). Do not overstuff the roll.
3. Roll everything up tightly. To do so, gently pull up the bottom of the roll and roll over the filling. Fold the sides. Then, roll and use your hands to tuck the filling in as you go.
4. After rolling each, place on a serving plate. Cut in half and serve with any dipping sauce like Peanut dipping Sauce, peri peri sauce or any Asian dipping sauce.
5. Crunchy and delicious Summer Rolls are ready.
Notes – These summer rolls can be made up to 2 hours in advance. Keep tightly covered in plastic wrap at room temperature.