Rajgira Ni Puri is one of the ingredients that is used during the Navaratri fasting days. It is also called Amaranth Puri. Rajgira Ni Puri is simple to make. It is gluten free. You can add Boiled and mashed potato as a binding agent. I made without potato. Care needs to be taken while rolling the puri. Its not easy to roll like our regular puri. I would recommend you to add 1 large boiled and mashed potato in 2 cups of rajgira flour while kneading the dough if you are making it first time. You can serve Rajgira Ni Puri with Suka Aloo Sabzi, Shrikhand or with Kadhi.
These puries absorb good amount of oil. Always fry these puri in hot oil. Make puri medium sized thickness, neither thick nor thin.
Rajgira Flour / Amaranth flour – 2 cups
Salt to taste
Warm Milk Or water – 1/2 cup or as required
Ghee – 2 tbsp
1. Take rajgira flour, salt and ghee in a big mixing bowl. Mix them very well.
2. Add little milk or water and begin to knead the dough. The dough should not be sticky.
3.Cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes. Divide the dough into 18 equal size balls.
4. Roll a medium sized puri, neither thin nor thick and fry them in hot oil.
5. Drain the Rajgira Puri on paper napkin.
6. Rajgira Puri / Rajgara Ni Puri / Vrat Ki Puri is ready. Serve this hot with Aloo sabzi or Vrat Ki Kadhi.
Note : – Please read First two Paragraphs for tips.