This Pepper Onion Focaccia Bread is surprisingly simple but makes rich, flavorful and crispy from outside and soft from inside. Focaccia bread is one of the most popular Italian bread and is very easy to make.
A simple focaccia bread dough lends itself to so many variations that once you know how to make perfect dough, your options are endless. You can add many different toppings. The dough recipe is adapted from Laura In the Kitchen, One of my favorite chef. I am using this recipe since last 3 years. And it’s no fail recipe.
The trick to make focaccia is to ensure you create lots of dimples with your finger tips into dough and drizzle enough olive oil into those dimples.
A cup of hot soup with Pepper Onion Focaccia Bread, ahhhhh What else we need in cold winter days!!!
Video recipe of Pepper Onion Focaccia Bread
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/4XO1SDXXJpg”]
All purpose flour / maida – 2 cups
Warm water – 3/4 cup
Active dry yeast – 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Extra virgin Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Chopped bell peppers – 1 cup
Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Some more extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
In a mixing bowl, add water, yeast and sugar. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to activate the yeast.
1. Add flour, salt and oil. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
2. Form the dough into a round ball and place in an oiled bowl, turn to coat the entire ball with oil. Cover it and let it rise in a warm place for an hour or until double in size.
3. Coat the cookie pan sheet with good amount of olive oil. Turn the dough out onto the oiled baking pan.
4. Stretch the dough out to an rectangular shape, about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Make a bunch of dimples in the dough, drizzle some olive oil. Scatter the bell peppers, onion and rosemary. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese. Cover the pan and allow the dough to rest for 45 minutes.
6. Bake the Pepper Onion Focaccia Bread in your preheated oven @400 degree F. for about 25 minutes on the bottom rack.
7. Allow it to cool and cut it. Serve it with soup, balsamic vinegar or as is.
Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.