Paneer Do Pyaza is very simple, appealing paneer dish, made with creamy soft paneer, cooked in a creamy onion based gravy. In this preparation the amount of Onion used is larger compared with other ingredients. In this recipe, onions are added in two different ways for different taste and texture. One is cubed onions which are cooked separately by keeping little crunchy and added at the end. This gives nice texture and crunch to the dish. Second is finely chopped onions which are cooked along with gravy and cooked till they are soft.
Serves 3 people
Roughly chopped red/green/yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) – 1 cup
Roughly chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Shah jeera – 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Finely chopped onion – 1 cup
Cubed onion – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Crushed cashew – 1 tbsp
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
1. Crush Roughly chopped red/green/yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) and Roughly chopped tomatoes and make a paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add Shah jeera and let it splutter. Add Ginger-garlic paste and saute it for few seconds.
3. Add Onion, saute it untill onion becomes translucent over a medium heat.
4. Add prepared tomato-bell pepper gravy. Cover the lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add cubed onion and cook it for 2 minutes.
6. Season it with salt and Garam masala. Give it a good mix. Add crushed cashew. Mix it very well and cook it for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
7. Add paneer cube. Mix it very well. Cook it for 5 minutes over medium heat. You can add splash of cream if you like.