Melting Moments are easy to make cookies. What makes These cookies so good is that they literally melts in your mouth. You don’t need many ingredients. You only need 6 ingredients, that’s it!!! You don’t even need to go to shopping as I’m pretty sure you already have all ingredients in your pantry. Another reason is that they have long shelf life. You can easily store them for up to 2 weeks in air tight jar.
These are so good that you can’t stop yourself once you have one. This is an easy to bake eggless sweet treat. These make perfect edible holiday gifts too.
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 1/2 cup (195 Grams)
Corn flour / corn starch – 1/2 cup (60 grams)
Room temperature Butter – 1 cup (227 grams) (I used unsalted butter, you can use salted also)
Salt – 1/4 tea spoon (If you are using salted butter, skip this)
Pure vanilla extract / essence – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup (60 grams)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch and salt.
2. In another bowl, take butter and sugar, beat them for 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix it. Add the flour mixture and mix it until you get nice soft dough.
3. Cover it and refrigerate this dough for 30 minutes or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degree C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or if you don’t have parchment paper, you can simply grease the baking tray.
5. When dough is firm, form into small balls and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1.5 inch apart.
6. Take a fork, with the prongs, push down gently on the top of each cookies to flatten slightly and make indents. (This is optional step, you can skip it too).
7. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just start to brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Melting Moments cookies are ready. Enjoy with hot cup of tea or coffee.