Homemade Instant Pot Chia seed Mixed Berry Jam – Delicious, easy, 100% better than store bought, pectin-free Jam recipe with Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberry and blackberry. Top It up on pancakes, toasts, waffles, Ice-cream or eat it right from the jar! This Mixed Berry Instant Pot Jam Recipe makes a wonderful addition to a yogurt parfait too.
Today I am sharing Chia seed Mixed Berry Instant Pot Jam Recipe.
This recipe is not an old-fashioned jam recipe. But it tastes as good as the old-fashioned one.
Homemade jams are also great for homemade gifts to be it Christmas, teachers gift or hostess gift. This mixed berry Instant Pot jam make a great gift.
The beauty of this mixed berry jam recipe is, you can experiment with the ratio of berries. If you like more raspberry and fewer strawberries, use double the quantity of raspberry. If you like more blueberry use more of it.
This Quick Jam Recipe is a great way to use summer fruits. Yes, summer fruits. It’s already summer here in Arizona and grocery stores produce section is filled with a variety of berries and that too at very affordable price.
So thought this is the perfect time to make some fresh berry jam in a small batch and also share a recipe with you all.
Using Instant Pot to make jam is so easy, saves a lot of time and takes minimal effort. And best of all, you don’t need to baby seat the Jam. 🙂
If you haven’t made jam in instant pot and if you haven’t tried making quick jam before, there is one thing to keep in mind that the consistency won’t be thick like jelly, it’ll be slightly runny which I love.
This pressure cooker jam recipe requires only 4 ingredients
It’s so easy to make with a perfect texture. Plus it doesn’t use Pectin!
Some common FAQ.
Are you serious? Can we make jam without Pectin?
Yes. We can make Jam without Pectin. As berries and lemon juice are naturally rich in pectin, there is no need for additional store-bought pectin.
Why I have used Chia seeds in this Homemade Jam recipe?
There are 2 reasons behind using chia seeds in this recipe.
Its Good for you and your body.
According to Healthline, Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain. They are also loaded with antioxidants, high in quality protein. high in Omega-3 Fatty acids and high in many important bone nutrients.
It works as a thickening agent.
Chia seeds in jam work as a thickening agent too. Some people use corn starch to make jam in Instant pot as a thickener.
Some does cook on saute mode for 20 minutes to thicken the jam. I find it useless to make Jam on saute mode in instant pot. Because it will take the same amount of time on the stove top as well.
Can I freeze this Instant Pot Chia seeds Mixed Berry Jam?
Yes, you can freeze it. This jam will stay fresh up to 3 to 4 months in the freezer and up to a month in the fridge.
Can we use Honey, agave or other sweeteners in Jam instant of sugar?
Yes, you can use other sweeteners of your choice according to your taste.
You can vary the sweetness or the tartness of this mixed berry jam by increasing or decreasing the amount of sweetener or lemon juice you use.
Instant pot chia seed mixed berry jam
- 24 OZ. Mixed Berries strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and Blackberry - (6 oz. each)
- 1 cup - Sugar Refer notes
- 2 tbsp - Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp - Chia seeds refer notes
- Take berries, sugar and lime juice in a bowl. Mix and let it sit for 30 minutes. This gives the berries a chance to release their juices and mingle with the sugar.
- close the lid, Press the manual button. Set the time for 5 minutes under high pressure with pressure valve set to sealing.
- Once cooking time is done, Let the pressure release naturally.
- When the pressure is fully released, the float valve will drop and the lid will unlock to open. Now it is safe to open the lid.
- Open it mash it a little bit with a hand blender or until desired texture.
- Add Chia Seeds. Give it a quick stir.
- Let it rest for 4 to 5 hours at room temperature. The Jam will thicken gradually.
- Take the jam in a bowl and Place it in the fridge overnight.
- Instant Pot Chia Seeds mixed berry Jam without Pectin is ready. Store it into airtight jars in the refrigerator up to a month or in the freezer for up to 3 to 4 months. Thaw Freezer mixed berry jam overnight in refrigerator and stir before serving.
Pin It For Later –