You need 3 ingredients and a few minutes to make this Instant pot Peach Jam Recipe. It is sweetened with brown sugar and is an easy peasy pressure cooker recipe which is ready in less than 25 minutes!!
Summer is about to end and before Peaches completely disappear thought let’s make Peach Jam recipe. We love Peach in anything and everything. Peach cobbler, Peach Crisp, Peach Pancake, Peach Salsa, Peach Chutney and of course this Peach Jam.
After successful attempt of making strawberry and chia seeds jam in instant pot, Peach Jam without pectin in instant pot is my new favorite. Perfectly chunky jam bursting with the flavor of fresh, juicy peaches.
This recipe for peach jam is not complicated at all. Best of all It’s peach jam recipe without pectin. This is an easy peach jam recipe and is so good. This Instant pot peach jam is better than any you’ll buy in stores.
How to make Peach Jam?
I made this easy peach Jam recipe in an Instant pot but It can be made on stove top too.
So here is a brief idea how you can make Instant Pot peach Jam recipe.
- First pit and chop the peaches, then put them in instant pot with brown sugar and lemon juice. Those 3 are all of the ingredients!!
- Once it’s in your instant pot, mix all 3 ingredients and let it rest for 10 minutes. Next, close the lid and cook on manual mode on high pressure for 6 minutes. Yes, 6 minutes. some recipes cook it for 1 minute on high and then they sauté for 15 minutes. I prefer cooking more time on high pressure and then sauté 3 to 4 minutes if needed.
- After that, release the pressure quickly, grind it a little bit with a hand blender and turn on the switch to the sauté mode. Saute for about 3 to 5 minutes until the majority of the liquid has evaporated, stirring continuously. Tadaaaaa……. peach Jam recipe in instant pot is ready.
- If you want to make Peach Jam recipe low sugar or No sugar, simply reduce the quantity of brown sugar or skip sugar to make no sugar jam recipe.
- Do you like Ginger Flavor in your Jams? If yes, then go for it. Add two-inch ginger in this recipe to make Peach Ginger jam.
Making Homemade jam is super fun and rewarding. It is great gifts to share with friends and family for any occasions.
This homemade Peach Jam Recipe is one you’ll love it! Use it for breakfast, add it to your peanut butter and jelly sandwichs, add it in your plain yogurt, slather it on bagels, bread or in wraps, use it as a marinade, the options are unlimited. 🙂
Can you make peach Jam Without Pectin? Why Do you put Lemon Juice in peach Jam?
Yes, you can. As Lemon Juice is naturally rich in pectin and It helps the Jam set, you don’t need to add pectin in Jam.
Can I freeze peach jam?
yes, this peach jam can be frozen. Though I make jam in small batch, I always freeze some because sometimes we can’t eat it all in time. It is also perfect to gifting someone for Christmas or any occasion.
Can I use canned peaches to make peach jam?
No, I don’t recommend to make peach Jam from canned peaches.
Can I freeze Peaches to make Jam Later?
Yes, You can. This can save lots of money if you find a great deal on peaches. It not only save money but also saves time. Chop peaches and put them in a lemon water bath before freezing. Place them in freezer safe bags and freeze it. Then all you have to do is thaw them out when you are ready to make homemade peach jam.
How to test Jam if its properly done or not? Not sure how to tell when your jam is perfectly set?
Place a plate or saucer in the freezer in the beginning. Once you think that your jam has thickened, spoon a bit of the jam on the cold plate or saucer and tilt it vertically so the jam runs. Your jam should not be runny if should be slow descent. If it runs slow, it’s set! You can also let the spoonful of jam sit on the cold plate for 30 seconds and then push it with your fingers. If it wrinkles up, then it’s perfectly set.
Instant Pot Peach Jam
- 2 lb - Fresh peaches
- ½ cup - brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon - lemon juice
- First pit and chop the peaches into small pieces.
- Now take this into Instant Pot, add sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix them well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After that, close the lid, press the manual button.
- Set the time for 6 minutes under high pressure with pressure valve set to sealing.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
- When the pressure is fully released, the float valve will drop and the lid will unlock to open. Now it is safe to open the lid.
- Open the lid. Stir once well.
- Mash/grind them with help of hand blender. I prefer chunky peach jam so didn't fully mash them. Grind them fully if you prefer smooth peach jam.
- Turn on saute button. Saute for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the majority of the liquid has evaporated, stirring continuously.
- Now do a test whether its set or not.
- Place a plate or saucer in the freezer in the beginning. Once you think that your jam has thickened, spoon a bit of the jam on the cold plate or saucer and tilt it vertically so the jam runs. Your jam should not be runny if should be slow descent. If it runs slow, it’s set! You can also let the spoonful of jam sit on the cold plate for 30 seconds and then push it with your fingers. If it wrinkles up, then it's perfectly set.
- Instant Pot Peach Jam recipe is ready.
- Let it cools down completely. Take them out in a small jar.
- And keep it in fridge. It stays fresh up to 2 months in fridge and a year in the freezer.
Pin It For Later