Vegetarian Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe – Refried beans, cheese sauce, crunchy tostadas, sour cream, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, Jalapenos, and shredded cheese all wrapped inside a large burrito tortilla and then pan roasted until perfectly golden brown in color.
Oh boy!! These are amazing and worth every calorie.. 😉 It’s spicy, cheesy, savory, crunchy and it’s so big that only one will fill you up for hours.
Raise your hand if you’ve had a Crunch wrap from Taco Bell Before.
I am pretty sure most of you have had, right?
My son is Taco Bell lover. He loves everything there. Frankly speaking, I don’t eat very often in Taco Bell. But my son does 🙂 ). But when I do, I do order either these Crunchwrap Supreme or Chalupa. These two are my favorites.
Me and J (my son) have been talking about making a crunchwrap supreme recipe at home for over a few years now.
And finally, I made Taco Bell Copy cat – Crunch Wrap supreme at home and nailed it!!
It is super easy to make, delicious and 100% better than Taco bell crunch wrap supreme.
This Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme recipe is perfect to take on the go or for school lunch.
Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Ingredients –
Burrito size and normally sized tortillas
If you are like us who love Quesadillas, Burritos, and Tostadas and have always had a hard time deciding which Mexican dish you wanted. Don’t worry now! You can choose all three in one. Because this crunch wrap is exactly the combination of all three.
This crunch wrap is super simple and can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes.
How to make Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe?
The first thing you are going to do is make refried beans. Of course, you can use black beans too.
Heat some oil in a pan, add boiled pinto beans, mash them with the back of the spoon, add some taco seasoning and your beans are ready.
I have used homemade pinto beans, which I have cooked in my instant pot. I will share how to cook pinto beans in instant pot in recipe card – notes section.
Once you have made beans, you will want to whip up your cheese sauce. You can use store bought nacho cheese too.
Now chop lettuce and tomatoes and keep them aside. You will also need Tostadas for crunch, sour cream, and some shredded cheese.
Cut the tostada size tortilla.
First, take Regular size tortilla and place a tostada shell in the center. Using a knife, trace around edges of a shell to cut the tortilla rounds. Keep it aside.
Build Crunch wrap.
Add 1/4 cup of beans to the center of the Burrito sized tortilla. leaving a generous border for folding.
Apply some prepared cheese sauce, around 3 to 4 tbsp, then place tostada shell on top.
Spread sour cream, top it with lettuce, tomatoes, Jalapenos, and cheese.
Place smaller flour tortilla cutouts on top and tightly fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats, as shown in video and step by step pics of folding Crunchwrap
In the pan or skillet over medium heat, place crunch wrap carefully seam-side down and cook until tortilla is golden.
Repeat the same process with remaining. Enjoy with hot or fire sauce.
You can apply oil or butter while pan roasting the wrap.
How to fold Crunwrap Supreme? Step by step photos of folding Homemade crunchwrap supreme.
Do give this homemade crunch wrap recipe a try, You’ll love it!
Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
For Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp - All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp - Butter
- 1 cup - Whole milk
- 4 oz. - Colby jack cheese See notes
- 4 - 10 inch Tortilla
- 4 - Burrito size tortilla
- 4 - Tostadas
- 2 cups - beans
- 1 tbsp - oil
- 1 tbsp - taco seasoning
- 3 cups - lettuce
- 1 cup - chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup - sliced jalapenos
- 1/2 Cup - Sour cream
- 1 cup - grated cheese
Cut the tostada size tortilla.
- First take Regular size, 10inch tortilla and place a tostada shell in the center. Using a knife, trace around edges of shell to cut the tortilla rounds. Keep it aside.
Preparing Pinto beans
- Heat some oil in a pan, add boiled pinto beans, mash them with the back of spoon, add some taco seasoning.
- Mix well and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes. You can add little bit water if you like little bit soft beans. Mine were very well cooked so I didn't add water.
- Keep it aside.
Preparing Cheese sauce.
- Take a heavy bottom pan. Heat butter.
- Add All purpose flour. Cook APF for 1 minutes, stirring cuntinuously.
- Now slowly add milk, whisking simultaneously.
- When the sauce is smooth, remove from heat. Stir in cheese. You can add salt too.
Crunch wrap Assemble
- Take one burrito sized tortilla.
- Add 1/4 cup of beans to the center of the Burrito sized tortilla, leaving a generous border for folding.
- Apply some prepared cheese sauce, around 3 to 4 tbsp, then place tostada shell on top.
- Spread sour cream, top it with some lettuce, some tomatoes, few slices of Jalapenos and 1/4 cup cheese. We love lots of cheese in our crunch wrap. Use according to your preference.
- Place smaller flour tortilla cutouts on top and tightly fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats, as shown in video and step by step pictures of folding Crunch wrap.
- In the pan or skillet over medium heat, place crunch wrap carefully seam-side down and cook until tortilla is golden.
- Repeat the same process with remaining.
- Enjoy with hot or fire sauce.
Recipe for Instant Pot Pinto beans.Soak 1 cup of pinto beans for an hour in hot water. Drain the water. Now add soaked pinto beans in an inner pot of Instant Pot. Add 2 cups of water and cook for 15 minutes under high pressure. (We like very well cooked pinto beans). Naturally release the pressure. Drain the water and use in your recipe.
Pin It For Later –