Dry Whole Mung Sabzi / Chhutta Mug Nu Shak is very easy to make and healthy recipe. This is No Onion No Garlic – Jain recipe. Today is Mahavir Janm Kalyanak Day (Birthday Of Mahavir swami – Twenty fourth Jain Tirthankara). We make Rice kheer, Dry whole mung Sabzi and Puri on Mahavir Janm Kalyanak Day. So today I made all these goodies and thought of sharing the recipe. We make Green Mung two different ways, dry and with gravy called Rasawala Mug.
This Dry Whole Mung Sabzi recipe is very homey and requires very few and basic ingredients. My Family love this Chhutta Mug Nu Shak. You can have it in the breakfast also. it’s very healthy. Or serve for lunch as a side dish with Roti or Puri.
Green whole Mung beans – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
Cumin and coriander powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp (We love lemon juice in this Preparation)
Cilantro / Coriander leaves for garnishing
Water – 1 cup or as needed
1. Soak Whole Mung for at least 5 to 6 hours in hot water.
2. Drain the water. Heat oil in a pan. Add mung beans. Stir well. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
3. Add one cup of water. Cover the pan with the lid and cook it for 10 to 12 minutes, Stir occasionally in between, or until cooked (Should not be mushy) over the medium to low heat. Add water if needed.
4. Add red chili powder, cumin and coriander powder and lemon juice. Mix well and cook it for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Dry Mung Sabzi / Chhutta Mug nu Shak is ready. Serve it with puri, roti, Paratha or have it as it is.