Ever thought of making kebab using Dahi / Yoghurt??? This was a strange concept for me until I tested them!! The Dahi Ke Kebab is a Mughlai specialty. It Tastes as unusual as they sound. The Dahi Ke Kebab is a classic Indian appetizer that can make you a star in the party.
Dahi Ke Kebab is tangy in taste. I Used paneer to balance the tanginess of the curd. Some people use roasted chickpea flour, some use bread crumbs, but in this recipe I used Quick Oats Powder to help bind the curd to make it more healthy. Traditionally Dahi Ke Kebab is deep fried in Ghee or oil. Instead of deep frying, I pan fried them.
For outer coating
Hung Curd* – 1 cup
Oats Powder – 3/4 cup
Chat masala – 1/4 tsp
Chopped green chilies – 2 tsp
Garama masala – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
Grated Paneer – 1 cup
Mint and coriander chutney – 2 tbsp
Chat masala – 1 tsp
salt to taste
raisin – 2 tbsp
Pinch of sugar
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Oil or ghee
For outer coating
1. Take all the ingredient in a big mixing bowl. Mix them. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
1. Take all the Ingredients of the stuffing in another big bowl and mix them very well. Divide them into 6 equal portion(If you want to make small tikkis, divide it accordingly). Keep it aside.
2. Dust your hand with Maida. Take one portion of curd mixture. Stuff it with paneer mixture. Seal it properly with the help of maida. Shape it like tikkies.
3. On a hot non stick tava / griddle, place this Dahi Ke Kebab and pan fry them using oil or ghee until they turn golden brown in color from both the side over a medium to low heat. You can also deep fry them.
4. Your Dahi ke Kebab is ready. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or Garlic chutney.
- “Hanging curd” is a process by which whey gets drained from the curd. When it is completely drained, you will have chakka, or hung curd. Simply put Curd in a muslin cloth and let the whey or liquid drain completely (It will take about 4 to 5 hours). Your Hung Curd is ready. I got 1 cup hung curd from 700 gms of full fat curd.
- The other of making Dahi Ke Kebab is, Mix all the ingredients (Outer coating Ingredients and inner stuffing ingredients), shape them like tikkies and deep fry them or pan fry them.