Our Today’s recipe is simple, delicious and totally addictive – Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars. So what exactly is a Sopapilla?? Sopapilla is Mexican dessert. They are little fried pillows of dough that rise up after being fried and that are served with honey and cinnamon sugar. They are airy and light. Here, I took croissant rolls as our dough, and made cheesecake filling and sprinkle generous amount of cinnamon and sugar with butter. Ammmmmm…… You will drool over this creamy yet light and fluffy cheesecake, sandwiched between layers of croissant dough.
These are ridiculously easy to make yet taste absolutely divine. I am a big fan of cheesecakes, cheese pastries, cheese breadsticks, you name it, sweet or savory. These are decadent and sinful . Cheesecake bars are perfect for gatherings or any kind of parties.
For this recipe, you need very few ingredients. You can also use Puff pastry sheet to make this dessert. Prep time is about 10 minutes, bake the cheesecake in oven for 35 minutes and cool for few minutes in the freeze. And you have about 20 (depending on size you cut) yummy cheesecake bars ready. Super simple and divine!!
Crescent rolls – 2 (8oz can)
Cream cheese – 16 oz. (soften at room temperature)
Sour cream – 1/2 cup
Powder sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
For the topping
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
Un salted melted butter – 1/3 cup
One 9 * 13 inch pan
Video Recipe Of Making Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/b3uSliYIh_E”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Preheat oven at 350 degree F. Spray a 9*13 inch baking pan with oil.
2. Cover the bottom of the pan with one unrolled can of crescent rolls. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, take cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk them well, for about 4 minutes, using handheld electric whisk.
4. Spread this mixture evenly over the dough, cover with the other can of unrolled sough and keep it aside.
5. In a bowl, take cinnamon and sugar. Mix well. Sprinkle it over the top of dough and then drizzle the melted butter over that as evenly as you can.
6. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the center is fully set.
7. Allow it to cool completely to room temperature and then pop them in the fridge for an hour. This makes them easier to cut.
8. Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are ready. Cut them into equal pieces and enjoy them chilled. This stay fresh for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.