Sev is a popular Indian snack food. Sev is essentially small pieces of crunchy noodles made from chickpea flour paste. These noodles vary in thickness. There are different varieties of sev, one of them is Madhya pradesh(State of India) fame Ratlami Sev.
Ratlami Sev is made with many spices like Pepper, Black salt, Ajwain(carom seeds), Cloves, Cinnemon…..
Chickpea flour(besan) – 2 cups
Maida – 1 tbsp
Ajwain (carom seeds) – 2 tsp
Cloves – 5to6
Cinnamon – one small piece
Black salt – 2 tsp
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Pinch of Turmeric
Salt to taste
Ginger powder(Sunth) – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Amchur powder – 1 tsp
Oil for frying
1. Dry roast Ajwain, Cloves and Cinnamon. Take roasted spice into a bowl.
2. Add Black salt, Red chili powder, Cumin powder, Black pepper powder, Garam masala, Turmeric, Asafoitida, Amchur powder and salt.
3. Mix all ingredients and grind it into a fine powder.
4. Take water in a bowl, add oil and Grounded powder. Mix it very well. Keep that aside.
5. Take Chickpea flour and Maida in a bowl. Mix them.
6. Knead a soft dough using prepared masala water.
7. Put this mixture in handy sev machine. The machine comes with different kinds of mold. Use sev mold. Place mold at bottom in the machin and place dough in it. Close the mashine tightly.
8. Heat oil in a pan for frying sev over high to medium heat.
9. When oil is hot, hold the machin over oil and turns the handle to force dough through mold moving continuously in a circular motion.
10. Fry it until golden brown in color.
Your spicy and tangy Ratlami Sev is ready.
Note : Adjust spice level according to your taste.