I love my Instant pot (I know, earlier I said this in Quinoa Pulao recipe too) 🙂 Its a fantastic multi-function electric pressure cooker and can make amazing dishes in no time. My today’s recipe is Quinoa Chili In Instant Pot.
Are you looking for simply basic , easy dinner that you can dump in your Instant Pot and walk away, Something that will warm your belly and is healthy and satisfying too!! Then this Quinoa Chili recipe is the perfect match. I couldn’t believe how quickly this come together and fell more in love with the Instant Pot. 🙂
This is simple but delicious Instant pot Vegetarian chili recipe. Its made quickly in the Instant Pot. Hearty quinoa and Kidney Beans with plenty of vegetables means this dish is super healthy dish and can stand on its own for dinner. If you are making this vegan, just leave off the cheese and sour cream and it’s vegan.
This dish is super filling, warm and little bit spicy. This chili does carry a little heat from the Serrano Chile, but it’s not very spicy. You could leave out or use less.
Let us know how it turns out for you – It was a huge hit in our house and hubby and son DEVOURED it. Double the recipe, throw some in the fridge for quick lunches for several more days. This tastes even better next day.
Don’t have Instant Pot, no worries. Here is the recipe of Quinoa Chili in pot.
Boiled or canned Kidney beans – 1 ½ cup
Quinoa – ½ cup (Wash 3 to 4 times)
Onion chopped – ¼ cup
Bell pepper / Capsicum (Red and green) Chopped – 1 cup
Carrots Chopped – 1 cup
Chopped kale – 1 cup
Mushroom chopped – ½ cup
Corn – ½ cup
Serrano chile or any green chili chopped – 1 tablespoon
Canned diced tomatoes – 14.5 Oz.
Italian seasoning – ½ teaspoon
Taco seasoning – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Water – 500ml
Press the saute button. Heat oil, add onion and saute for a minute. Now add all the chopped vegetables. Saute for a minute or two. Add salt, Italian seasoning, Taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, Beans and washed quinoa. Mix well. Saute it for a minute. Now add Serrano peppers and water. Give it a good mix. Close the lid. Turn off the Instant pot. Press the manual button. Set the time for 5 minutes under high pressure. Let the pressure come down naturally. That’s it!! Quinoa Chili in Instant Pot is ready. Garnish it with sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
You can use your choice of vegetables.
If you dont have canned tomatoes, use 4 medium sized chopped fresh tomatoes.
Quinoa Chili In Instant Pot
- 1 and ½ cup Boiled or canned Kidney beans
- ½ cup Quinoa Washed 2 to 3 times
- ½ cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Chopped Bell pepper / Capsicum Red and Green
- 1 cup Chopped carrots
- 1 cup Chopped kale
- ½ cup Mushroom chopped
- ½ cup Corn
- 1 tablespoon Serrano chile or any green chili chopped
- 14 oz Canned diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 500 ml Water
- Press the saute button.
- Heat oil, add onion and saute for a minute.
- Now add all the chopped vegetables. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add salt, Italian seasoning, Taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, Beans and washed quinoa. Mix well.
- Saute it for a minute. Now add Serrano peppers and water. Give it a good mix.
- Close the lid. Turn off the Instant pot. Press the manual button. Set the time for 5 minutes under high pressure.
- Let the pressure come down naturally.
- Thats it!! Quinoa Chili in Instant Pot is ready. Garnish it with sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
Pin It For Later –