Methi Papad Nu Shak / Methi Papad Sabzi is an Unusual delicacy of Fenugreek seeds cooked with papad in a sweet and spicy gravy. Fenugreek seeds have excellent medicinal properties.
Methi Papad Nu Shaak is usually made by Jains. This recipe is tithi recipe when usually green vegetables are not to be eaten by Jains. Methi Papad Sabzi needs very few ingredients and it has a flavor that is distinct and fabulous. It tastes great with Roti, Paratha or Bhakhari.
Step By Step Process Of making Methi Papad Nu Shak / Methi Papad Ki Sabzi
Methi Papad Nu shaak
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek seeds methi seeds
- 1 cup Raw urad papad broken into pieces
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander and cumin powder Dhana jeera powder
- 2 tbsp Jaggery
- 4 Kokum
- Soak Fenugreek seeds in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook it for 4 whistles. Drain out excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add boiled fenugreek seeds into oil. Add 2 cups of water.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, coriander and cumin powder, jaggery, and kokum.
- Mix it very well. Cook this mixture for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add papad, mix well and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes over low to medium heat, while stirring occasionally. Adjust the water consistency if curry is too dry.
- Your Methi Papad Nu Shak / Methi Papad Sabji is ready. Serve immediately with Rotis or Parathas.