Kesar Malai Penda is famous Indian dessert made from condensed milk and having attractive golden and grainy texture. It is made in no time. It will take only 15 minutes for all the procedure. Kesar Malai Penda is pillow soft yellowish balls which will just melt in your mouth. Kesar Malai Penda is an essential part to celebrate any occasion in India. Whether it is Diwali, Rakhashabandhan , marriage Or house warming….the list is endless.
Crumbled Paneer – 250 gms
Condensed milk – 200 gms
Few saffron strands
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Pistachios for garnishing
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1 tbsp
2 to 3 drops Yellow color(optional)
1. Take condensed milk, paneer and ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Mix them very well. Cook them for 5 to 8 minutes or until mixture turns thick over a medium heat.
2. Put saffron strands in a 1 tbsp milk and dissolve it. Add this saffron and cardamom powder to the paneer mixture. Add yellow color too.
3. Cook them until mixture turns thick. Switch off the flame.
4. Take this mixture out into a plate. Let the mixture slightly cools down.
5. Apply ghee on your palm. Take a little amount of mixture and shape them into round balls. Stick pistachios on the Penda. ( Make sure your mixture is warm while molding your penda).
6. Your Kesar Malai Penda is ready. You can store this penda up to 5 to 6 days in an air tight container.