I like to add vegetables in my dal. Kale And Moong Ki Dal goes very well with roti or rice. I used Split moong dal in this recipe with Kale. You can use any type of dal.
Kale is a Leafy vegetable. Kale is very healthy. it has more vitamin C than an orange. It’s kind of fatty(In a good way). Kale is a queen of Vitamin A. It has more calcium than a container of milk.
Moong dal is a good source of protein and dietary fiber. It is low in fat and rich in calcium and B complex vitamins. It’s very easy to digest. There are lots of health benefits of moong dal.
So let’s make healthy and yummy Kale And Moong Ki Dal.
Kale – 2 cups
Moon dal – 1 cup
grated ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
Finely chopped onion – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped tomato – 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – 7 to 8
Salt to taste
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tbsp
Pinch of turmeric powder
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Cumin and coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
oil – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Water as needed
1. Wash and Soak moong dal for 30 mins. Remove the leaves of kale from the tougher stalks and chop them.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat oil over a medium heat.
3. Add cumin seeds. Let them splutter. Add curry leaves, ginger and garlic. Saute them for few seconds.
4. Add tomato and onion and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes over medium flame.
5. Now add kale and cook it for a minute. Add moong dal with 5 cups of water.
6. Season this mixture with salt, chili powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and cumin and coriander powder.
7. Mix them well. Close the pressure cooker and Let them cook for 3 whistles or until moong is cooked.
8. Let the pressure cooker cools down. Open the lid and add lemon juice. Stir it. You can add more water to adjust the dal constancy. Check the seasoning.
9. Kale And Moong Ki Dal is ready. Enjoy this healthy dal with Rice or Roti.