Gulkand ice Cream / Rose Petal Ice cream is easy, soft, and delicious. Gulkand is an Ayurvedic Medicine. It is known to be great for summer and provides required cooling to your body. It also helps in reducing acidity in the body. In my recent trip to India, I bought Gulkand. I got it from Palitana. Palitanas Gulkand is very Famous. It is easily available in India. You may also get it easily if you live abroad. However, you can make it at home too.
Gulkand is a sweet preserve made from rose Petals. The rose petals and sugar are kept in alternate layers in a jar in the sun for weeks. After few weeks Gulkand is ready and its consistency is like Jam. You can have it directly or you can make it many recipes like gulkand shake, laddus etc.
We love Gulkand. Apart from eating regularly I wanted to make something from it. So I made Gulkand Ice Cream with my basic Ice Cream recipe. I have shared Pista Ice Cream recipe last summer with my basic Ice cream recipe. This recipe is so easy. You just need to mix everything and let the ice cream set in to freeze for 6 to 7 hours (Crucial part is wait time 😉 ). Even kids can make this Ice cream.
Heavy whipping cream – 8 Oz. / 1 cup
Whipped cream / cool whip – 8 oz. / 1 cup
Condensed milk – 5 oz. around 3/4 cups
Evaporated milk – 6 oz. / 3/4 cup
Gulkand / rose Petal Jam – 5 tbsp
Light pink color – 2 drops
Rose essence – 2 drops
Rose petals for garnishing
Video recipe of making Gulkand Ice cream / Rose Petal Jam Ice cream :
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/NzuVY6uhXao”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Take Heavy Whipping cream, Condensed milk / Milk Maid, Whipped cream / Cool whip, Evaporated milk, Gulkand, Rose essence and Pink color. Mix them using spoon or whipping machine for 3 minutes or until all the ingredients mixed well.
2. Take it out into the air tight box. Put it into the freezer for 5 to 6 hour or until ice cream get fully set.
3. That’s it, your Gulkand Ice Cream is ready. So easy and quick. 🙂
1. If Evaporated milk is not available, you can make it at home. It’s very simple and easy. It will take only 3 to 4 minutes with very few ingredients. Please follow this Video to make Evaporated Milk At home. This recipe is from Poonam’s Kitchen. She is an amazing home chef. I love her videos and detailed explanation which makes recipe easy to understand.
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5l8bdmzho&t=16s”]
2. You can make this Ice cream with any flavoring of your choice.
3. If you do have Rose syrup, use 2 tbsp that instead of rose essence and pink color.