Monday night and hubby came home from the office. He said please make Biryani for dinner. I was not in a mood to make biryani in an authentic way. So made it in a Pressure cooker. I often make Vegetable Biryani, pulao or any rice preparation In Pressure Cooker when I don’t have enough time or feeling lazy ;). My Family loves vegetable biryani in pressure cooker.
Vegetable Biryani is made in many ways. Authentic Way of making Vegetable Biryani takes a long time and many spices. This Vegetable Biryani In Pressure Cooker is easy to make yet tastes yum. I would name this as Bachelors biryani as it comes very handy and you don’t have to cook rice and gravy separately.
Vegetable Biryani in Pressure cooker
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup Chopped french beans/fansi
- 1/2 cup Chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup Chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Chopped mint
- 2 tbsp Chopped GInger and garlic one Tbsp each
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Curd
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Biryani Masala
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 cup Water -
- Wash and soak rice in water for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In cooker, heat oil. As the oil gets hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Now add all the vegetables one by one with chopped garlic and ginger. Mix well and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, Coriander powder and yogurt / curd. Mix well and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Add soaked rice and water. Add chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix well. Cover the lid and take one whistle.
- When pressure cooker is cool down completely, open the lid and gently fluff the rice.
- Vegetable Biryani In Pressure Cooker is ready. Enjoy!!!
Don't Forget to watch quick Video
- Soaking rice for 30 minutes before cooking is very important.
- Use water according to the quality of rice. Take Basmati Rice for better taste and texture.
- Take whistle according to the pressure cooker and type of water.