Monday night and hubby came home from the office. He said please make Biryani for dinner. I was not in a mood to make biryani in an authentic way. So made it in a Pressure cooker. I often make Vegetable Biryani, pulao or any rice preparation In Pressure Cooker when I don’t have enough time or feeling lazy ;). My Family loves vegetable biryani in pressure cooker.
Vegetable Biryani is made in many ways. Authentic Way of making Vegetable Biryani takes a long time and many spices. This Biryani In Pressure Cooker is easy to make yet tastes yum. I would name this as Bachelors biryani as it comes very handy and you don’t have to cook rice and gravy separately.
Pressure cooker biryani goes well with
Vegetable Biryani in Pressure cooker
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup Chopped french beans/fansi
- 1/2 cup Chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup Chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Chopped mint
- 2 tbsp Chopped GInger and garlic one Tbsp each
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Curd
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Biryani Masala
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 cup Water -
- Wash and soak rice in water for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In cooker, heat oil. As the oil gets hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Now add all the vegetables one by one with chopped garlic and ginger. Mix well and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, Coriander powder and yogurt / curd. Mix well and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Add soaked rice and water. Add chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Mix well. Cover the lid and take one whistle.
- When pressure cooker is cool down completely, open the lid and gently fluff the rice.
- Vegetable Biryani In Pressure Cooker is ready. Enjoy!!!
- Soaking rice for 30 minutes before cooking is very important.
- Use water according to the quality of rice. Take Basmati Rice for better taste and texture.
- Take whistle according to the pressure cooker and type of water.