Chivda is the term used for a popular savory tea time snack in India. It’s basically fried or roasted puffed rice, flatten rice, peanuts, some spices and nuts mixture. Its light and something you can munch any time. This Roasted Oats Papad Chivda is a healthy and quick evening snack recipe. Oats Papad chivda is a vegan recipe which has oats and papad, Nuts, spices and some herbs. This can be packed for the kids snack box too.
You can easily double or triple up the recipe. There is no precise measurement for this recipe. You may tweak the recipe here and there according to your taste buds. This chivda should last for a month in an air tight container. Best part is you can eat them guilt free.
Hope you give this healthy and vegan Indian style oats mix a try. It is super easy to make, healthy and totally addictive!!
Oats – 1 cup (I have used Old fashioned Quaker oats)
Roasted Papad – 1 (8 inch)
Cashew nut – 20 half pieces
Raisins – 2 tbsp
Daliya Dal / Roasted chana dal – 2 tbsp
Peanut – 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1- to 15
Chopped chilies – 1 (I have used red one. You may use green too)
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Pinch of hing
Dry Mango powder (Amchur Powder) – 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 1/2 tbsp (Adjust according to your liking)
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Video recipe of Roasted Oats Papad Chivda
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/DUsNCdN5W3w”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1. Dry roast Oats over low to medium heat until light brown in color. Take this out in a bowl and keep it aside.
2. In a same pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds and hing. Add curry leaves and chopped chilies. Saute them for few seconds.
3. Add daliye dal and peanuts. Saute for a minute.
4. Add Sesame seeds. Stir well. Now add cashews and raisins. Saute for few seconds. Switch off the flame.
5. Now add roasted oats, salt, turmeric, Amchur powder and sugar (Add all the ingredients while tempering is hot). Mix well.
6. Crush the roasted papad in to small pieces and add this into oats mixture. Mix well.
7. Let it cool down completely and store this in to air tight container.
8. Roasted Oats Papad Chivda is ready. Enjoy this with hot Masala tea.
Be careful while roasting the oats. Stir continuously. It may burn.
If you dont like papad, You may skip it.
You can add Roasted thin poha and Murmura too.
You can add dry coconut slices too. Add it with cashews.
Skip sugar if dont like sweet taste.
You may skip chilies for kids.