Roasted Cauliflower Steak – A completely Healthy, flavorful and delicious way to cook cauliflower in the oven and enjoy it during summer BBQ party or pool party!
Baked Cauliflower steak recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Roasted cauliflower slices are Tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
This Vegan cauliflower steak recipe is a low carb alternative, paleo and whole30 approved, a perfect plant-based diet.
How to Cut Cauliflower Steaks? (Refer to a video given in the recipe card for a better idea)
- First, take a nice big head of cauliflower, wash it well and dry with kitchen towel.
- Cut off the leaves.
- Cut off the cauliflower stems from the bottom, making sure to keep the core as it is. 4. Make a cut in the middle of the cauliflower head.
- Using a sharp knife, Cut thick slices around 1.5 inches thick.
- You will end up having a handful of leftover florets from the sides once steaks are cut from the center. You can either roast those in a different pan or use them to make soup or cauliflower rice for later in the week.
How to make Roasted Cauliflower Steak?
First of all, you need to make flavorful olive oil drizzling sauce with a seasoning blend of Garlic salt, chili flakes, onion powder, and black pepper powder.
You can always choose your favorite seasoning like cumin seeds, curry powder, garam masala for an Indian Inspired steak, cayenne pepper instead of chili flakes or even store-bought seasoning blend works great too.
Now, take cauliflower steaks into a cookie pan sheet, apply this oil-based dressing on both the sides of steak.
Cover it the cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Now, it’s time to roast steaks in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes in total.
First place the cookie sheet in the oven to roast with foil covered for 5 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil, place the cookie sheet again in the oven for another 5 minutes, flip the cauliflower, put it again for 5 minutes or until exterior becomes golden brown with crisp edges.
Look at the picture, Roasted Cauliflower Steak looks so beautiful contrast medley of texture and flavors. 🙂
If you don’t want to use an oven to make Roasted cauliflower steak recipe, you can roast them in cast iron pan too.
After roasting the steaks, sprinkle some cilantro and enjoy them your favorite sauce and take this plant-based side dish to the next level.
If you make this vegan steak recipe, please don’t forget to leave a comment, and rate it. You can also tag a photo #cookingcarnival on Instagram.
I would love to read your comments and what you come up with! Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 pound - Cauliflower Washed and dried
- 2 teaspoon - Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon - Red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon - black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon - onion powder
- ¼ cup - Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflower. Remove the stem.
- Using the sharp-large knife cut the cauliflower from the center in the half lengthwise.
- Cut a 1.5-inch thick steak/slices from each half of the cauliflower.
- In a mixing bowl, take olive oil, chili flakes, onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper powder. Mix very well.
- Arrange cauliflower slices on a baking sheet.
- With the help of a pastry brush, apply prepared oil and seasoning based dressing both the sides.
- Now tightly cover the baking sheet with foil.
- Now bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove the foil and continue roasting it for another 5 minutes.
- Gently flip the cauliflower steaks and roast until a golden brown in color from both the sides, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Vegan Cauliflower steaks are ready. Transfer it to a serving plate, garnish it with cilantro or parsley and serve it with chimichurri sauce or your favorite sauce recipe. Enjoy!
Pin It For Later –