Indo Chinese Vermicelli is a breakfast recipe. Vermicelli / Semiya is a type of thin pasta commonly used in South Indian Cooking. This recipe is similar to Vegetable Hakka noodles. Vermicelli is mostly known and used for making Vermicelli kheer, pudding and upma. But there are many other recipes where we can use vermicelli.
This recipe is healthy, tasty and colorful. I make this Indo Chinese Vermicelli many times not just for breakfast, but also for my kids lunch box or for light dinner. This recipe is quick to prepare and light on stomach. It hardly take 15 to 20 minutes. Thats what we all are looking for, right??!! 🙂
In this recipe, I have used carrots, colorful bell pepper and green onions (That’s all I had in my refrigerator). But you may use cabbage, green beans or whatever you find in the fridge. **I have used Roasted vermicelli. If you don’t have roasted one, first dry roast them for few minutes and use it.**
This recipe can be made Jain too. You won’t feel any difference in taste.
Serves 4 to 5 people
**Roasted Vermicelli – 1 3/4 cup
Chopped carrots – 1 cup (Avoid if making Jain)
Chopped colorful bell peppers – 2 cups
Green onion chopped – 1 cup (Avoid if making Jain)
Green chili chopped – 1 tbsp
Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp (Avoid Ginger if making Jain)
Salt to taste
Soy sauce – 1/2 tbsp
Sweet and chili sauce – 2 tbsp
Tomato ketch up – 1 tbsp
Schezuan sauce – 1 tbsp(as per your taste)
Water – 3 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp
Video Recipe of Indo Chinese Vermicelli
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/GiyVlJbB4Fg”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
1.Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies. Saute them for few seconds.
2. Add green onion and again saute it for 1 minute.
3. Add carrots and bell pepper. Mix well. Cooke them for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally.
4. Add salt. Give it a good mix. Now add Soy sauce, tomato ketch up, sweet and chili sauce and schezuan sauce. Mix them very well. Cook it for 1 minute
5. Add roasted Vermicelli. Give it a good stir. Now add Warm water, stir and let it simmer for up to 7 to 8 minutes on medium to high heat or until vermicelli gets cooked and all water gets dried. Dont forget to Stir in between.
6. Indo Chinese Vermicelli is ready. Garnish it with green onion greens and serve hot. Happy Weekend.