Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful Dad’s out there! The say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and Dad is no exception. For Father’s Day however, me and my son decided to make Cherry Cobbler. In our Cruise trip to Mexico, we first time tasted Blueberry Cobbler. My husband loved it so much. he said you should try this at home.
Friday middle of the night, My son suddenly woke up and…
He : Mom…. Mom… Mom….
Me : What!!???
He : Lets surprise Dad on Father’s day.
Me : What surprise (I mean really – middle of the night)
He : Let’s make Cobbler.
Me : Can we talk in the morning??
He : No Mom!!!! Right now.
Me : Ok, We’ll make it. Now please go and sleep.
He : No, let’s decide the flavor.
Me : Please not now……..
He : Please…….
Me : Ok, Today I bought Fresh cherry from farmers market. We’ll make Cherry Cobbler.
He : yeyyyyyyyyyyyy………….
And then he happily went to sleep (me too 🙂 ) Phewwwwwww………..
Now let’s talk about Cobbler.
What is Cobbler??
According to Wiki, Cobbler refers to a variety of dishes, Particularly in the UK and Us, consisting of a fruit or savory filling poured into a large baking dish and covered with a batter, biscuit or dumpling before being baked.
I feel Cherry Cobbler or any Cobbler may be the best reason to turn on the oven in the summer. Jammy fruit, egg-less crisp, moist and buttery topping – all you need is a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream. The Cherry Cobbler is the easiest dessert I’ve ever made. It’s so simple and easy even kids can make this easily.
I used Fresh cherry to make this. You can use any summer fruit you like or any combination. If your fruit is bit tart, stir in some sugar before adding into the baking pan. My cherry were very sweet, that’s why I skipped sugar. The ingredients are very few and easily available in your pantry.
Video recipe of making Cherry Cobbler
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/HXdqfOQ_S8E”]
Fresh pitted cherry – 400 grams
Flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Pinch of salt
Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup (@room temperature)
Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup (Skip salt if using salted butter)
Your Choice of ice cream or whipped cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Slice the butter. Place it in the bottom of the 9*13 inch baking dish. Pop it in the oven so the butter can melt and keep it aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add room temperature milk and stir to combine.
4. Pour the batter over butter. DO NOT STIR BUTTER AND BATTER. (Very Important).
5. Scatter the Pitted cherry evenly over the top. DON’T STIR THEM. Just leave them as-is.
6. Bake it for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve it with scoop of ice cream or Whipped Cream. Enjoy!!