The Buttermilk Fruit Cake is one of those cakes that is perfect any time of the day!!! Its super moist and buttery. It is nicely spiced with ground cinnamon, dried ginger powder and ground cloves. It is also loaded with dried and candied fruits (Tutti Fruitty). On top of this, it is egg less and alcohol free. Isn’t that great??? All you have do is gather a few ingredients, mix them and bake the cake, that simple!!
This cake will stay fresher longer because of the high sugar content available in the raisins and fig. Buttermilk Fruit Cake is excellent warm from the oven or at room temperature. You can refrigerator it for about a week. I used golden raisins, but you can also use black raisins. **I used curd / yogurt(homemade). You can use store bought buttermilk also. Please don’t use very thin buttermilk.
Christmas is coming. No need to soak dried fruits. Just mix all the ingredients and bake them. Your yummy Buttermilk Fruit Cake for Christmas party is ready!!! 🙂
Buttermilk fruit cake
- 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Curd / yogurt / Thick buttermilk at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar You may use white sugar also
- 113 grams Melted Butter - 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground ginger / sunth
- 1/4 tsp Ground clove
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped Fig
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Candid mix / tutti fruity
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven @350 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, ground spices, and all the dried and candied fruits. Mix them very well.
- Add butter and sugar mixture and curd/yogurt/buttermilk into the flour mixture. Mix them very well.
- Immediately pour into the greased pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes(@350 Degree F), or until the cake is golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake will come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Your Buttermilk Fruit Cake is ready. Enjoy!!
Don't Forget to watch quick Video