Jaipuri Shahi Kachori is Mawa and Dry fruit stuffed, coated with sugar syrup can be prepared on any Occasion. Diwali is coming in few days. Sweets are always an important part of this festival or I would say of any festival. Diwali is all about lights and good food.
So for this auspicious festival I have prepared a very famous Rajasthani sweet, Jaipuri Shahi Kachori. They taste extremely tasty, very nutty, crispy, crunchy….ammmmmm.
For Mawa / khoya
Milk powder – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
All purpose flour / maida – 1 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Pinch of salt
Water as needed
Prepared milk powder khoya
Crushed dry fruit powder – 1 cup (Cashews, pistachios, walnuts, Almonds).
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom – 1/4 tsp
For sugar syrup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Ghee or oil for frying
Almonds and pistachios chopped for garnishing.
For instant mawa / Khoya
- In a bowl, mix milk powder, ghee and milk. Microwave it on high for 2 minutes.
- Take out and mix well. Again microwave it for 2 minutes. Mix well. Instant mawa is ready. Let is cools down and keep it aside.
For the dough
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Rub gently.
- Add water and knead into a smooth and soft dough. Cover it and keep it aside.
For the stuffing
- In a bowl, take instant mawa, crushed dryfruits, sugar and cardamom powder. Mix them very well.
- Keep it aside.
For the sugar syrup
- Heat sugar and water. Let it boil until it has reached 1 string consistancy.
- Keep it aside.
For making kachories.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Take one dough ball, roll it, place 2 tbsp of stuffing in the center and bring the ends together.
- Seal tightly. Press gently with hands to make it a 3 inch circle.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan over medium heat. Drop the Mawa kachori in a medium hot oil.
- Cook them over medium to low heat until slightly browned from both the sides. Dont fry it in very hot oil. Remove them and let them cool.
- Dip the kachori in the warm sugar syrup (Heat the sugar syrup again if it is cold) one by one. Take it out on a plate.
- Garnish them with chopped nuts.
- Jaipuri Shahi Kachori is ready. Happy eating!!! 🙂
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/nGXoEvh7CHg”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
If you have Mawa / Khoya, you may use that instead of instant milk powder mawa.