Thandai is a cold drink prepared with mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, magaztari seeds, pepper, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar. It is native to India and is often associated with Maha Shivaratri and Holi Festival. Thandai is refreshing drink especially for summer which acts as a body coolant too.
I gave some twist to the regular thandai drink. I made Gulab Jamun in Thandai Mousse. The mousse is made with white chocolate and whipped cream. There is no egg or agar agar powder used in this recipe.
Make this Gulab Jamun In Thandai Mousse and surprise your guests.
For Thandai Paste
Soaked and peeled Almonds – 20
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper – 8
Pistachios – 10
Cashew – 10
Magajatari seeds / Watermelon seeds – 2 tbsp
White Melting Chocolate – 125 gms
Fresh cream – 1/4 cup
Whipped cream – 1/2 cup
Small Gulab Jamuns
1. Soak poppy seeds, cashews, fennel seeds and magajtari seeds for 2 hours.
2. Take all the ingredient of thandai paste in a blender. Blend them very well using little water. Prepare a thick thandai paste. Keep it aside.
1. In a pan, heat fresh cream for 2 minutes on medium flame.
2. Take White melting chocolate in another bowl. Add hot fresh cream into the white chocolate. White chocolate will start to melt. Mix until the chocolate melts.
3. Fold in the whipped cream and 3/4 of the Thandai paste (you can add more paste if you wish to) into the white chocolate mixture. Let this mixture cool down for 15 minutes in freezer.
4. Fill the zip lock bags with mousse mixture. Make a big hole.
2. Top it with Gulab Jamun. Garnish it with Saffron and pistachios.
3. Your Gulab Jamun In Thandai Mousse is ready. Serve it chilled.