This Deli Style Pasta Salad has lots of Fresh and satisfying ingredients topped with creamy and flavorful dressing. Whenever I am having weekend guests, I make this salad the day before they arrive. The flavors blend wonderfully when it is chilled overnight and it keeps well for several days. It is also a great dish to make along to a picnic or potluck. If you are fan of deli-style pasta salads, this Vegan-Vegetarian pasta salad will be your new favorite, I promise.
This Deli style pasta Salad is a great side dish with barbecue. Specially great to pack for potlucks. Now, what else would one want from potluck food!! Food that stay fresh long, are easy to carry, can be served without reheating and some which everyone, kids and adults, can enjoy!
One important thing to remember is not to rinse the macaroni with cold water. and Let it cool completely before adding the dressing. If you ass it while pasta is too hot, the Mayo sort of melts and you get a greasy salad. I don’t put much sugar. Most of the deli put half cup of sugar in this much dressing which for my taste is way too much.
You can tweak the vegetables and dressing ingredients to your liking. But no matter what you put in, try to let it sit couple of hours or overnight before serving. The flavors with develop and the macaroni will fully absorb the dressing.
Video recipe of Making Deli Style Pasta Salad
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://youtu.be/6FvorLMyMlg”]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
Macaroni pasta or any shaped – 2 cups, 225 grams
Vegan / eggless mayonnaise – 3/4 cup
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Mustard sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
Chopped celery – 1/4 cup
Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
Grated carrots – 3/4 cups
Chopped bell pepper / capsicum – 1 cup
1. Boil pasta in salted water until cooked(Not under-over cooked). Drain it, let it cools down completely. Keep it aside.
2. In a big mixing bowl, take Mayonnaise, mustard sauce, salt, pepper powder, sugar and vinegar. Mix well.
3. Add all the vegetables. Stir well, cover it and keep it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Take it out after 30 minutes and add cooked pasta. Mix very well.
5. Again cover it and keep it in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
6. Its Ready!!! Serve this Deli Style pasta Salad chilled with barbecue, hot dog or burger/sandwiches.