This Deli Style Pasta Salad has lots of Fresh and satisfying ingredients topped with a creamy and flavorful dressing.
Whenever I am having weekend guests, I make this salad the day before they arrive. The flavors blend wonderfully when it is chilled overnight and it keeps well for several days.
It is also a great dish to take along to a picnic or potluck.
If you are a fan of deli-style pasta salads, this Vegan-Vegetarian pasta salad will be your new favorite, I promise.
This Deli-style Pasta Salad is a great side dish with barbecue. Especially great to pack for potlucks. Now, what else would one want from potluck food!!
Food that stays fresh longer, are easy to carry, can be served without reheating and some which everyone, kids and adults, can enjoy!
One important thing to remember is not to rinse the macaroni with cold water and let it cool completely before adding the dressing.
If you ass it while the pasta is too hot, the Mayo sort of melts and you get a greasy salad. I don’t put much sugar. Most of the deli put a half a cup of sugar in this much dressing which for my taste is way too much.
You can tweak the vegetables and dressing ingredients to your liking.
But no matter what you put in, try to let it sit a couple of hours or overnight before serving. The flavors with developing and the macaroni will fully absorb the dressing.
How to make Deli-style Pasta Salad?
1. Boil pasta in salted water until cooked(Not under-over cooked). Drain it, let it cools down completely. Keep it aside.
2. In a big mixing bowl, take Mayonnaise, mustard sauce, salt, pepper powder, sugar, and vinegar. Mix well.
3. Add all the vegetables. Stir well, cover it and keep it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Take it out after 30 minutes and add cooked pasta. Mix very well.
5. Again cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
6. It is Ready!!! Serve this Deli-Style pasta Salad chilled with barbecue, hot dog or burger/sandwiches.
Our Favorite Salad Recipe From The blog –
Deli-Style Pasta Salad
- Vegan/eggless mayonnaise - ¾ cup
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Mustard sauce - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper - ¼ tsp
- Chopped celery - ¼ cup
- Chopped onion - ¼ cup
- Grated carrots - ¾ cups
- Chopped bell pepper/capsicum - 1 cup
- Boil pasta in salted water until cooked(Not under-over cooked). Drain it, let it cools down completely. Keep it aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, take Mayonnaise, mustard sauce, salt, pepper powder, sugar and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add all the vegetables. Stir well, cover it and keep it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take it out after 30 minutes and add cooked pasta. Mix very well.
- Again cover it and keep it in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Its Ready!!! Serve this Deli Style pasta Salad chilled with barbecue, hot dog or burger/sandwiches.
Freda @ Aromatic essence says
Love a good pasta salad, and this looks very appetizing 🙂
Dhwani Mehta says
Me too Freda! Thanks 🙂
Kids loved this pasta salad… Turned out so well
Dhwani Mehta says
So glad to know Lakshmi! THanks for the feedback 🙂