Today is very special day. Finally I have started making video recipe. And I am very excited. This is first recipe video. SO thought let’s start with some sweet recipe and made Caramel Bhapa Doi – A traditional Bengali sweet with caramel Flavor. 🙂
Bhapa Doi is Bengali traditional sweet. West Bengal is famous for its sweet delicacies. Among them, one very famous, traditional and absolutely delectable dessert is Bhapa Doi or Steamed Yogurt.
Bhapa Doi can be flavored with either cardamom, saffron, any fruit or with any extract. It totally depends on ones choice. Today I prepared this traditional sweet with caramel flavor. Caramel is my sons favorite flavor. So thought let’s try this traditional sweet with caramel flavor and believe me the taste so so good.
Caramel Bhapa Doi is very easy to make. This Caramel Bhapa Doi is perfect for Diwali. Serve this Caramel Bhapa Doi to your guests on this Diwali when they come home or make this for Diwali get-together or parties.
Milk – 1 cup
Thick yogurt/dahi – 1 cup
Condensed milk – 400 grams
Caramel – 1/4 cup
Pistachios or any nut for garnishing
[ot-video type=”youtube” url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX2Y62FkXU0″]
[blockquote style=”3″]Do you like our recipes? Please subscribe to WhatsApp NewsLetter and receive notification straight to your WhatsApp when new recipe posted. It will take less than a minute to subscribe.[/blockquote]
- Take all the ingredients into the mixing bowl. Mix them well.
- Pour this into grease moulds(any heat proof moulds will do). Cover them with the foil.
- Pop them into a steamer and stem it for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the mould.
- Remove it and check with a knife to see whether it is cooked or not.
- Let it cool and place it in the fridge to set for at least 2 hour or until completely set.
- Garnish it with your choice of nuts and serve it chilled.
Yogurt / Dahi should be thick. Strain all the liquid from yogurt before making this recipe.