How to make Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew
Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew - A complete Comfort and Satisfying food that can be made in a fraction of the time. Veg Stew is Vegetarian / Vegan Instant Pot Recipe with lots of vegetables in coconut milk based hearty sauce that will change your life.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups - Cauliflower florets
- 1 cup - Chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cup - Bell Peppers chopped
- 2 cups - Potatoes Chopped
- 3/4 cup - Chopped Onions
- 1 cup - Green beans Chopped
- 1 tsp - Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp - Chili (adust according to your liking)
- 1 tsp - Garlic paste
- 2 - Cardamom Pods See Notes
- 1 inch - Cinnamon stick
- 3 - Cloves
- 20 Pieces - Whole Cashew Nuts
- 1 cup - Coconut milk See Notes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp - White Pepper Powder see notes
- 2 tbsp - Oil See Notes
- 2 cups - Water
Turn on saute button of your IP.
Heat oil in a pot, add cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
Now add ginger, garlic, chili and onions. Saute for few seconds.
Add all the vegetables, salt, white pepper powder and water. Mix well.
Cover your Instant pot with locking lid.
Turn off IP.
Press the manual or pressure cook button. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes with pressure valve in the sealing position.
Meanwhile, take whole cashew and coconut milk in a blender jar and blend them well in to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
Once IP beeps and when you see LO:00, turn off your IP and quick release the pressure.
10. Open the Instant Pot, add prepared cashew-coconut paste. Stir well.
11. Turn on saute button and cook it for 1 to 2 more minutes, until everything well combined.
12. Switch off the IP.
13. Instant Pot Kerala Vegetable Stew is ready. Enjoy!!
Cut all veggies in big pieces.
You can use 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder instead of cardamom pods.
I have used canned coconut milk. You may use tetra pack coconut milk too.
You can use black pepper powder instead of white pepper powder.
You can omit oil to make it oil free recipe.
This recipe is a little bit spicy side. Please adjust spice level according to your preference.
You can make this nut-free by replacing cashew nuts with 2 tbsp corn starch. Simply, mix corn starch with coconut milk add it in place of cashew-coconut paste.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 7285IU | Vitamin C: 106.5mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1.5mg