This easy Mushroom Rice is one of my favorite mushroom recipes! It is simple, hearty, comforting and scrumptious side dish prepared in Just one pot - Instant pot in under 30 minutes. Once you try this recipe, you won't be able to stop eating! I promise!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Resting time 30 minutes
Total Time 47 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 1 cup - Basmati rice
- 8 oz. - Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- 1 tsp - Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 cup - Onion
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp - black pepper powder
- 1 1/4 cup - Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp - Lime Juice
- Cilantro for garnishing
Instant Pot Mushroom Rice -
Soak Basmati rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. Once 30 minute is over, drain them and keep them aside.
Heat Butter on saute mode.
Add Garlic and onion, saute for few seconds.
Now add mushrooms and saute for a minute. (don't skip this step)
Next, add soaked rice, vegetable stock, salt, and black pepper powder. Mix well.
Cover the instant pot with its locking lid, vent valve on sealing position.
Press the manual/pressure button, set the timer for 6 minutes under high pressure.
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and quick release the remaining pressure.
Open the instant pot, add lemon juice and fluff the rice with the help of a fork.
Garnish Mushroom rice with chopped cilantro.
Follow recipe but use 2 cups liquid for tender, fluffy rice (or 2 3/4 cups for soft rice) and it will take around 22 minutes to cook in instant pot and about 5 minutes on the stovetop.
This will also work with quinoa but adjust the recipe as follows: rinse quinoa, use 1.5 cups of Liquid follow the recipe and cook them for about 4 minutes under high pressure in instant pot.
- You may use any variety of mushrooms you like.
- Sautéing the mushroom in butter helps release their flavors and create a rich aroma. So don't skip that step.
- Use mushroom broth instead of vegetable stock to get more mushroomy flavors.
- Be sure to use long grain rice for this recipe. I prefer Basmati rice.
- Be careful with salt. Vegetable broth also contains some salt.
- If you want to make this mushroom recipe vegan, skip butter and use same amount of oil.
- Rinse and wash your rice. Rice has a starchy film on it and washing that away is so much better.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes to get fluffy and light rice.
- Don't slice mushroom too thin otherwise, they literally disintegrate!
For Brown rice:
- Use a 1:2 Rice to liquid ratio.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add Garlic and onion, saute for few seconds.
- Now add mushrooms and saute for a minute. (don't skip this step)
- Next, add soaked rice, vegetable stock, salt, and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with its
- Let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, check the rice by pressing between 2 fingers.
- If it's done, Add lemon juice and fluff the rice with the help of a fork.
- Garnish Mushroom rice with chopped cilantro.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 434mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg