Instant Pot No Knead Pumpkin Bread
Instant Pot Pumpkin No-Knead Bread - Vegan, Super easy, Crusty, Perfect bread for any party or occasions. Be it Christmas or Thanksgiving, this bread is a show stopper for sure!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Resting time 5 hours
Servings 12 slices
- 3 cups - Bread Flour
- 1/2 cup - pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp - Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp - Active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup - Olive oil
- 1 cup - warm water
- Sesame seeds (Black and white)
- Raw Pumpkin seeds
Step -1 Activate the yeast
Take warm water in a bowl, add yeast and sugar. Mix once, cover it and let it activate for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, the yeast water should look frothy.
Step - 2 Mix dry ingredients
Step - 3 Mix all the wet ingredients
Step - 4 Mix wet mixture into the dry mixture.
Now, Mix wet mixture into dry mixture, give it a quick stir until blended and all the flour is incorporated. The dough will be rough, shaggy and sticky.
Step -5 Proofing the bread dough in Instant pot.
Apply some oil on the bottom of the instant pot inner pot. Place the dough.
Cove the Instant Pot lid.
Press the yogurt button on the Normal Setting. Set the time for 4 Hours. After 4 hours you will notice the dough is dotted with bubbles and has risen more than double in size.
Step - 6 Second Proofing
Scatter some flour on the working surface.
Remove the dough from an instant pot on a floured surface.
Shape the dough into a tight ball.
Sprinkle some white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
Cover it with a towel for about 30 minutes.
Step - 7 Baking
Meanwhile Preheat oven @450 degree F. Place a Dutch oven (I used 3.5-quart size) in the oven to preheat it as well.
Now carefully remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven. Remove the lid and Gently put the dough ball into the Dutch oven.
Sprinkle a light coating of flour over the top.
Take a sharp knife and slash the bread 2 to 3 times, making a cut about 1/2 inch deep. You can skip this step as well.
Put the lid on and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. After that remove the lid and bake it 10 to 15 minutes more without lid @450 degree F, on the middle rack. (30 minutes lid on and 10 to 15 minute without the lid, total 40 to 45 minutes).
Remove the loaf and let it cool on a rack before slicing. to keep it warm, cover with a towel.
Your Instant Pot No Knead Pumpkin Bread is ready.
- To get the beast result use bread flour. It gives perfect texture.
- Water should be warm, around 110 to 115. To check if the water is warm enough - use a candy thermometer or do a finger test. Insert a clean finger in the water and count 1 to 15. You should be able to leave your finger in the water.
- Use canned pumpkin puree only. So you don't have to deal with fiddling with hydration issues.
- Use extra virgin olive oil to get the deeper flavors.
- If you want to make sure bread doesn't stick to the pot, then sprinkle some cornmeal or flour on the bottom of the pot or simply use parchment paper.
- Keep in mind, this dough will be super sticky. Do not add more flour than specified. Otherwise, your bread will be too dense.
- Don't over mix the dough in the beginning. There really is no kneading required.
- To get the Tall bread, use 3.5 qt Dutch oven.
- Always check the expiration date on your yeast.
- Flour-water ratio – Depending on how you measure the flour, quality of flour and how dry the weather is, you may need to add more water to bring the dough the right wet and sticky consistency. If your dough is dry after you mix it, add water by the tablespoon until it feels perfect. Make a wet shaggy dough.
- Adding seeds on top is optional.
- You can easily double or trippled the recipe. In that case Dont use instant pot locking lid while proofing the dough. It can push the pin up to lock the id and you may not be able to get it open. So Instead of using IP locking lid use either glass lid or plate. Its much better choice.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1600IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg