Instant Pot Creamy Potato Leek Soup
Nothing is better than a bowl of Hearty, thick, creamy, and classic Instant Pot Creamy Potato Leek Soup on a chilly day! It is quick, easy to make and delicious. This Instant pot soup is Cozy, comforting and naturally gluten-free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 450 grams - Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 3 cups - Leek Chopped
- 1/4 cup - Celery optional
- 2 cloves - Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp - thyme
- 3 1/2 cup - vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup - Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp - Nutmeg powder
- 1 - Bay leaf
- 2 - tbsp Butter
Cut off the green of the leeks and discard (or freeze for the stock). Chop the leeks and wash well to remove any dirt or grit.
Turn on IP on normal saute mode. Add butter, let it melt.
Now add Garlic, bay leaf, and Celery, saute for few seconds.
Then add Cleaned and chopped the leek, potatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, and vegetable stock. Stir well.
Cover the IP with its locking lid, vent valve on the sealing position.
Press the manual/pressure button and set the timer for 7 minutes under high pressure.
Let the pressure release naturally.
Open the lid, take out the bay leaf.
Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture well.
Now add Nutmeg powder and heavy whipping cream. Mix well.
Instant pot Creamy Potato Leek Soup is ready. Garnish it with some pepper powder, thyme and cream. Enjoy!!
Place leeks, butter, garlic, and bay leaf in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until leeks are tender without browning them, about 5-7 minutes.
- Although we like this soup pureed, if you prefer yours a bit chunky you can use a potato masher instead of an immersion blender to give you bigger chunks.
- If you wish to make Vegan Potato leek soup, simply use coconut cream instead of heavy cream and oil instead of butter.
- Cleaning leeks carefully is a very important step. (Refer FAQS for how to clean Leeks)
- If you want to make this leek potato soup healthy, skip the butter and use oil. And instead of using cream, use Milk. The soup will be less creamy in this case.
- To make this soup spicy, add Jalapeno or Serrano peppers with potato and leek, according to your taste.
- Use Yukon Gold Potatoes for creamy and buttery texture.
To make it on the stovetop -
Add potatoes, stock, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer covered for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Using a hand blender, blend soup until smooth. Return to pot, add Nutmeg powder and cream and simmer 2-3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 962mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2191IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 5mg