Spinach soup is refreshing, nutritious and delicious with lots of fiber. It
is easy to make and can be ready under 30 minutes from start to finish.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 250 grams - Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup - Chopped onion
- 1 tbsp - Chopped garlic
- 1 tsp - Ginger
- 1 tsp - chili paste Optional
- 150 grams - Zucchini or Bottle Goard
- Pinch of nutmeg powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups - Whole milk
- 1 - tbsp Ghee or oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1 inch - Cinnamon stick
- 3 - Cloves
- 1 tbsp - Lime Juice
- Fresh cream satueed garlic, almonds for garnishing Optional
Heat ghee or oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds, clove, and cinnamon. Let cumin seeds crackle. Add Ginger-chili paste, garlic, and chopped onion. Saute them for few seconds.
Add zucchini and chopped spinach. Saute them for 5 to 7 minutes over medium flame.
Add milk, salt, and nutmeg powder. Mix them well.
Let the milk come to a boil. Switch off the flame. Let the mixture cool down a little bit.
Blend into a blender until smooth. Sieve it well.
Keep the Spinach Soup back on the stove for simmering for 3 to 4 minutes. Add some water if your soup is very thick. Check the seasoning and consistency according to your like. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Creamy Spinach Soup / Palak Soup is ready.
How to make Instant Pot Creamy Spinach Soup?
turn On the saute button of Instant Pot.
Heat ghee or oil in a pot. Add cumin seeds, clove, and cinnamon. Let cumin seeds crackle. Add Ginger-chili paste, garlic, and chopped onion. Saute them for few seconds.
Add zucchini and chopped spinach.
Add milk, water, salt, and nutmeg powder. Mix them well.
Cover the IP lid. Make sure the vent valve is in sealing position.
Press the Manual/Pressure button, set it for 2 minutes under high pressure.
Once cooking time is over, let the pressure release naturally.
Let the mixture cool down a little bit.
Blend into a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth. Sieve it well (Optional).
Turn on the saute mode and Keep the Spinach Soup back in the instant pot for 1 to 2 minutes. Check the seasoning and consistency according to your like. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Instant Pot Spinach Soup is ready.
The soup is wonderful alone, but would also be great with some warm, crusty bread.
- You can use bottle gourde (Dudhi/Lauki) instead of Zucchini.
- For Vegan version - Use Oil instead of Ghee and Unsweetened coconut or almond milk instead of Regular whole Milk.
- You can also completely skip the milk and use water or vegetable broth. But the soup will be less creamy.
- If you are making this for small kids or if you can't handle the spice, Skip the green chili paste.
- Skip water if you like very thick spinach soup.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- You can make this green soup in 3qt, 6qt, and 8qt.
- Don't skip the nutmeg powder? It gives unique flavors.
- You can use Frozen Spinach for this soup too.
I love different Garnishes on soup.
For this particular, spinach soup, roasted garlic, almonds, and some cream taste brilliant. I highly encourage you to add these garnishes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 989mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 8309IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 388mg | Iron: 3mg