Pizza is an oven-baked flat bread generally topped with tomato sauce and cheese. The modern pizza was invented in Naples, Italy and the dish and its variants have since become popular in most part of the world.
Making Pizza dough at home is very easy. Once you try this pizza dough at home, you will not like restaurant pizza. Even beginners can make it. I have added my favorite pizza toppings. Feel free to use whatever toppings your family enjoys. I have used no cook sauce, you can use store bought pizza sauce also.
Active dry yeast – 2 1/4 tsp
All purpose flour/Maida – 3 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Warm Water(110 degree) – 1 1/3 cup
Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
Extra virgin olive oil and Finely chopped Garlic
For no cook pizza sauce
Tomato sauce – 1 cup
Italian Herbs – 1 tsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Onion powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Pinch of salt
1. Take warm water in a bowl and add sugar and yeast. Mix it well, close the lid and keep it aside for 5.
2. Take flour in a big mixing bowl. Add salt and oil. Mix all the ingredient very well. Add fermented yeast and knead smooth dough.
3. Divide dough into 4 equal parts (Since I am making small pizza, I have divided dough into 4 parts. You can divide into two parts if preparing large pizza). Make the divided dough into ball shape.
4. Oil 4 bowls with olive oil and set aside. Place each ball into the oiled bowl, seam side down and brush the top of the dough with oil.
5. Close the lid and place the dough into warm place for 1 hour or until it gets double in size.
For no cook sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients of the sauce. Your no cook pizza sauce is ready.
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees and place pizza stone in the oven. If you don’t have pizza stone, you can use cookie pan. Place it in the oven upside down.
2. Sprinkle some flour onto your working surface. Take one ball of dough, dust it with flour and start rolling using rolling pin.
3. Take rolled pizza dough onto back side of baking sheet upside down. Add chopped garlic in olive oil. Apply garlic oil over the pizza. Using a ladle, spread the pizza sauce all over the dough. Top it with cheese and vegetable toppings. Slide pizza onto the hot pizza stone.
4. Bake it for 20 minutes or until it get to your desired crisp level.
5. Take it out from the oven. Your Vegetable Pizza is ready. Serve it hot.