My way of making Vegetable Lo Mein. This homemade Vegetable Lo Mein is colorful, nutritious and only requires easy to find ingredients. I have used oriental style noodles, but you may use any noodles or spaghetti. The real flavor is in the sauce that you toss your noodles and vegetables with. A medley of mushrooms, snow peas, bell peppers, carrots, bok choy and ginger-garlic sizzle in your wok which makes this dish so vibrant and flavorful. I used tofu, you may also use paneer(Indian cottage cheese). Vegetable Lo Mein is super easy, healthy and hearty dish. This is just as good as your favorite takeout noodles, but healthier. All you need are noodles, fresh veggies (Any vegetables) and handful of pantry staples. You won’t believe how delicious this is.
Oil – 3 tbsp
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
Carrot, peeled and julienned – 1 cup
Snow peas – 1 cup
Red, yellow and orange bell pepper, julienned – 1 1/2 cup
Sliced mushrooms – 1 cup
Chopped bok choy – 2 cups
Tofu – 1/2 cup
Noodles – 200 grams
Dark Soy sauce – 3 tbsp
Sriracha Sauce (any hot chile sauce) – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Set a pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain well and keep it aside.
2. Heat a tbsp of oil. Add cubed tofu and saute it for few minutes, until golden brown. Keep it aside.
3. In a large wok, heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat. Add ginger and garlic. Saute it for few seconds. Add all the vegetables one by one. Cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 3 to 4 minutes over high flame. Add tofu, salt, soy sauce and sriracha sauce. Stir well.
4. Add noodles, gently toss to combine.
5. Vegetable Lo Mein is ready. Serve them immediately.