Vegetable Cutlet is very popular Indian snack. It is very simple and easy to make. You can have it as an appetizer or as a light afternoon snack. It is a combination of mashed potato and vegetables. It is soft from inside and crisp outside. You can deep fry it, bake it or shallow fry it. I did shallow fry. Have this Vegetable cutlet with green chutney and sweet chutney or with tomato sauce. Perfect for potluck party or get together. You can add any vegetables as per your preference. You can par boil the vegetables. I like my vegetables crunchy that’s why I used raw vegetables.
Boiled and peeled potatoes – 3 medium size
Boiled and peeled Beet – 3 small size
Chopped carrots – 1/2 cup
Chopped Red bell pepper / capsicum – 1/2 cup
Chopped French beans / Fansi – 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Ginger chili paste – 1 tsp
Amchur powder – 2 tsp
Oats Flour – 1 cup
Bread crumbs – 1 cup
1. Take Boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes, Boiled, peeled and mashed Beet, Chopped carrots, Chopped Red bell pepper / capsicum and Chopped French beans / Fansi in a big mixing bowl.
2. Mix them very well. Add salt, Amchur powder, Ginger chili paste and Garam masala. Now add Oats flour and mix it very well. If mixture stick to your hand, add some more oats flour.
3. Take one portion of mixture and give it a round shape of ball and flatten it to form pattie or give a heart shape using mold. Repeat this process and prepare more cutlets from remaining portions.
4. Take breadcrumbs in a plate. Dip each cutlets in bread crumbs.
5. Heat non-stick tava. Place cutlets, pour 1 tbsp oil on each side and cook it until cutlets turns golden brown color from both the side over a medium heat.
6. Your Vegetable Cutlet is ready. Serve them with Mint Coriander chutney and Sweet chutney or tomato sauce.