Three Cheese Bites are wonderful small crispy bites. This is made with three cheese – Paneer , Processed cheese and Parmesan cheese, mixed in Italian herbs. You can bake them too instead of frying. This is lip smacking snack. This is perfect for cocktail party, evening snack or for kids lunch box or as an appetizer. This is kids friendly recipe. Three Cheese Bites are crispy from outside and soft from inside.
Crumbled Paneer / cottage cheese – 1 cup
Processed cheese – 1/4 cup
Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
Italian herbs – 1/2 tsp in cheese and 1/2 tsp in paste
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup for making paste and 1 tbsp for binding the cheese
Corn flour / corn starch – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese – 2 tbsp
Bread Crumbs – 2 tbsp for making cheese balls and 1/2 cup for coating
1. In a mixing bowl, take processed cheese, paneer, sauce, salt, Italian herbs, maida and bread crumbs (if you want to make it little bit spicy you can add red chili powder or green chilies at this point).
2. Mix all the ingredients and knead to form dough.
3. Make a bite size small balls out of the dough.
4. In a bowl, mix all purpose flour / maida, corn flour, Italian herbs and salt. Make a smooth, lump free paste using water.
5. Drop cheese balls into paste and coat them well. Remove it from paste and coat it with bread crumbs. Do the same process with remaining cheese balls.
6. Heat oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, fry cheese balls over medium heat until they turn light golden brown in color.
7. Let this cool little bit and coat them with parmesan cheese.
8. Your Three Cheese Bites are ready to eat. Enjoy them with Ketch up or hot and sweet chili sauce or Schezwan Sauce.